Join now - be part of our community!

Contacting ESupport

profile.country.en_GB.title
sencore
Visitor

Contacting ESupport

Hi all,
Has I had a problem with my laptop and I needed to contact ESupport. Went through the registration, but everytime i tried to enter my computer serial this error come up: "Your Serial number could not be registered. An automated request has been sent to our e-Support Team to contact you in the shortest delay possible to assist you with the registration."
This is really strange has I have registered my serial with Sony sites and never had this problem.
Is there any other way to contact Sony ESupport other than phoning?

I would also ask to any kind member if they could provide me with the recovery disc1 for the VGN-FZ21Z as to eliminate a fault with my recovery disc. If anyone can please get in touch.
TIA

Update: Sorted

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Thalamus,

thanks for such a quick response :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I have formated the disc so I dont have any hidden folders that would include information I need for the recovery process.

I read the post from the other uses who was facing the same problems with the recovery discs. He did not believe it was his fault that he couldnt to reinstall the Vaio software using them. I also do not believe I did anything incorrect. I have created the recovery discs exactly according to the instructions. Nobody could tell me what that error message means. I believe this problem is an instalation problem. I have read other posts from users who have the same type VGN-FZ21Z as I have and who was facing the same recovery discs problems. Why should I buy the new recovery discs when it is not my fault? Of course of there is not any other option I will have to buy them

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate your assistance

Klara

Hi Klara,

did you test your recovery disc set before you formatted your HDD.?

Klari_uva
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

yes, I did try the recovery discs before we formated the hard drive. After we started the reinstalation process we got the error message. We tried to start up the windows but it did not work. Based on this fact, we decided to format the hard drive.

Klara

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Thalamus,

yes, I did try the recovery discs before we formated the hard drive. After we started the reinstalation process we got the error message. We tried to start up the windows but it did not work. Based on this fact, we decided to format the hard drive.

Klara

Hi Klara,

did you install any Sony updates before you formatted the drive.?

Klari_uva
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Yes I did install Sony updates before I started reinstallation process of my computer. Unfortunately, I had not known that there was an error on the recovery discs before I started the reinstallation. Had I known it before I would have never started the reinstallation process. By the time I realized the error I was not even able to start up the Windows. 😞

Klara

jollynicechap
Visitor

Esupport

Same issue for me I'm afraid. Vaio stopped booting up one day. So put in my rescue disc created using Vista. Still would not boot just kept hanging and would not load the recovery tools. Tried formatting C: drive, stopped the hanging - but tried all the tools and only the restore responded. Got the same error as reported below i.e. 305: 69 at aout 10% progress. Tried formatting the whole disk (not just C: using Vista tool) and then got a message that the Vaio could not find the boot file. Replaced the hard disk as it was now broken. Now back at previous position i.e. getting the 305: 69 error.

Welcome any information on what other Sony users have done to resolve this issue.

Regards

jnc

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jollynicechap,

welcome to club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I guess you'll have to purchase a new set of recovery disc's from Vaio support.. :slight_frown:

However here is the official response taken from the Sony support KB..

You receive errors '305' (e.g.: '305:69'), '323' (e.g.: '323:52') or '403'

1. Run the system recovery from the recovery discs and also from the factory-preconfigured hard disk recovery partition (F10 recovery option). if possible.
2. Try both the "C recovery" as well as the "Complete recovery" options of the VAIO Recovery Center Wizard.
3. If the issue persists, run the “VAIO Hardware Diagnostics” option available within the VAIO Recovery Center Wizard and execute the HDD test to check your hard disk for errors..
4. If the HDD test gives an error, please contact VAIO Customer Support.
5. If the HDD test passes but you still unable to perform the system recovery, please contact VAIO Customer Support.

You are unable to recover your computer because you deleted the original harddisk recovery partition (for e.g. during the installation of a non-preinstalled operation system) without first creating your recovery discs
Please contact VAIO support to purchase recovery discs for your computer.