Join now - be part of our community!

Contacting ESupport

profile.country.en_GB.title
sencore
Visitor

Contacting ESupport

Hi all,
Has I had a problem with my laptop and I needed to contact ESupport. Went through the registration, but everytime i tried to enter my computer serial this error come up: "Your Serial number could not be registered. An automated request has been sent to our e-Support Team to contact you in the shortest delay possible to assist you with the registration."
This is really strange has I have registered my serial with Sony sites and never had this problem.
Is there any other way to contact Sony ESupport other than phoning?

I would also ask to any kind member if they could provide me with the recovery disc1 for the VGN-FZ21Z as to eliminate a fault with my recovery disc. If anyone can please get in touch.
TIA

Update: Sorted

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,
Has I had a problem with my laptop and I needed to contact ESupport. Went through the registration, but everytime i tried to enter my computer serial this error come up: "Your Serial number could not be registered. An automated request has been sent to our e-Support Team to contact you in the shortest delay possible to assist you with the registration."
This is really strange has I have registered my serial with Sony sites and never had this problem.

have you registered with e-support in the past.?

If so then try using the Forgotten password and/or login link on the e-support page, use the following link: Vaio e-support

However hopefully someone from Sony support should be in contact soon, please check your contact details are correct (click here )..

sencore
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,
I have contacted Sony and this is they response:
Dear*****

Thank you for contacting us.

If you have used your own Windows Vista disc on your VAIO this may have deleted the partition on your VAIO.
We do not supply a disc with the Sony software.
If you can no longer access the Recovery partition then you can purchase new Recovery DVDs for 34.30 GBP Incl. VAT for this.

If you would like to purchase the recovery DVDs please update your case with your preferred contact number and suitable timeframe between the hours 08.00 and 18.00 Monday to Friday.

Regards,
Michelle
Sony VAIO-Link Team

My response to them:
Dear Michelle,
You wrote:
"If you have used Windows Vista disc on your VAIO this may have deleted the partition on your VAIO."
I do beg to differ, if you read my issue in its entirity, you would see that the "hidden partition" was not working and as the recovery discs were also given me an error, I did not have any other choice but to install a "full" Vista. Also, Windows, and that is true of every version, never install to an hidden partition nor try to.
After reding many threads in Club Vaio and the internet, I have come to the conclusion that this is a well documented problem with this type of recovery. I do not believe I am at fault, and should not be offered to buy the recovery discs, but as the recovery process its flawed, I should, at least, be offered the discs free of charge as a good will gesture from Sony's part.
Best regards

So far no reply and if you ask me I don't think I'll never get one!!!!

Is anything you can do Thalamus?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Is anything you can do Thalamus?

I'll do what can..

sencore
Visitor

Thank you very much Thalamus, your help is really appreciated.
Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'm hoping that Sony support have been in contact with you again..

sencore
Visitor

Hi Thalamus, yes they have. I spoke with Anthony, a very nice chap, and we are on the way to sorting things out.
Thank you for your support.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

yes they have. I spoke with Anthony, a very nice chap, and we are on the way to sorting things out.

:cool: you're welcome, hope all goes well.. :slight_smile:

Klari_uva
Visitor

Hi all,

unfortunately, same thing has happend to me. I have created recovery discs upon purchasing my Vaio laptop VGN-FZ21Z. Everything went well but now, I have decided to format the computer and reinstall the system using the Vaio recovery center. However, the first disc gave me an error (after 15 percent completion) 305: 69. The installation aborted afterwards. What does this error mean? I had to install the VISTA pack and right now I am missing all the wonderful Sony software including VAIO update 3. I can barely use my computer right now :slight_frown: . I purchased my Vaio in Europe (Czech Republic) 9 months ago. I have been living in the USA for one year and since the USA Sony doesnt support european VAIO models at all I dont know what should I do right now. I tried to call the support in the Czech Republic but was told that they could not do anything without having the comp at their office. I also contacted the european support three days ago, but so far I havent recieved any answer.

Please, help me. I am getting really desperate. I used to use my laptop 24/7 but after the reinstallation I cannot almost use it.

Where can I obtain a copy of the software for VAIO? I need the VAIO update and all the preinstaleed software? or, where can I get the original recovery discs? I believe that I created all the recovery discs right following the instructions.

thanks for your quick answer.

Klara

Hi all,
Is there any other way to contact Sony ESupport other than phoning?

I would also ask to any kind member if they could provide me with the recovery disc1 for the VGN-FZ21Z as to eliminate a fault with my recovery disc. If anyone can please get in touch.
TIA

Update: Sorted

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Where can I obtain a copy of the software for VAIO? I need the VAIO update and all the preinstaleed software? or, where can I get the original recovery discs?  

Hi Klara

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

you're Vaio has a hidden HDD recovery partition so as long as it has not been deleted you should be able to recover your Vaio back to the original installed OS and programs just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process.

You can order a replacement recover disc set from Sony Vaio Support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support