Join now - be part of our community!

Can i upgrade my vaio vpcee2e1e's processor

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
spm1994
Visitor

Can i upgrade my vaio vpcee2e1e's processor

i've owned my vaio vpcee2e1e for 5 months now and have had no problems with it. Though a new game has come out and my processor has not been very capable with dealing with the games demands. i was wondering if i could upgrade my processor to help my laptop cope. If i can upgrade it can you post some suggestions. i have a "athlon 2 p320 dual-core"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Although it may be possible to upgrade the processor, it is probably not a good idea because it will invalidate your warranty and probably won't make much difference to the overall games performance and is going to cost a packet.

The limiting factor when playing games is going to be the graphics processor and that cannot be upgraded.  The ATi graphics are OK but this will never be a great games machine.  Just make sure your graphics driver is the latest available.

You may find that increasing the RAM to 4GB or 6GB or 8GB will help.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Although it may be possible to upgrade the processor, it is probably not a good idea because it will invalidate your warranty and probably won't make much difference to the overall games performance and is going to cost a packet.

The limiting factor when playing games is going to be the graphics processor and that cannot be upgraded.  The ATi graphics are OK but this will never be a great games machine.  Just make sure your graphics driver is the latest available.

You may find that increasing the RAM to 4GB or 6GB or 8GB will help.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
spm1994
Visitor

I was thinking of buying a new desktop, can i get a good gaming pc for around 500£ - 600£. (or could I buy a cheaper pc and upgrade it to a decent performance.)

P.S thanks for the advice, I cant tell you how hard it was to get a straight answer from other forums.