Join now - be part of our community!

Can anyone help with a VAIO recovery problem?

profile.country.en_GB.title
peterdurrant11
Visitor

Can anyone help with a VAIO recovery problem?

I have a SONY Vaio (out of warranty and SONY won't help)  The recovery disk (which I've not had to use before) is corrupted and I get error 79 when trying to run it and Norton thinks it has a virus!

problem is that I had to load a new copy of Windows XP onto the machine and format C drive, so although I've got the sound card drivers back on and flash video etc., the PC won't play DVD's (no decoder) and all the original apps are no longer there.  I can't reload them from the recovery disk because it won't run.  i would be grateful for any ideas/solutions/help!

The model is PCV-RZ422P

thanks

PD

Message was edited by: peterdurrant11

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Peter,

Have you requested to purchase a set of the original recovery disks from Support? These will hopefully return your machine to “as delivered” complete with all software.

There is no native support within Windows XP for DVD play back; the software required would have been part of the original pre-installed software package and this is not available for download.

If you are looking for an interim solution then try VCL Media Player – this is a free download and will play most media.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat