Join now - be part of our community!

Camera Capture Utility on FZ21Z

Brendan100
Visitor

Camera Capture Utility on FZ21Z

Hi All...I have a problem with the camera capture utility of late. When opened, I have a screen stating No Input and a windows message : An attempt to initialize the camera failed. Please check if another software is using the camera. I tried downloading the version 2.7 ( replacing the 2.5 version ) but I get the same message. This started when I removed Photoshop 5 and Premier Elements 3 while I await delivery of version 6 and 4. Would this cause my problem ? I am a total novice so any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
squashme
Visitor

therer is a hotfix by microsoft that will will fix this. i had the same problem but when unzipped the hotfix vaio said it didnt need the fix but as your vaio's a different model from mine the will be a different hotfix for it. if you goto the following site and request a hotfix they will send you one usually within 24-48 hours to fix the problem https://support.microsoft.com/contactus2/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;[LN];1414&from=KBHotfix&WS=hotfix

squashme
Visitor

you mite have copy and paste that link by the way as clicking on it doesnt seem to work lol

Brendan100
Visitor

Hi...I installed Photoshop 6 and Premier Elements 4 and low and behold, the camera worked. I opened up a new project ( video ) in Premier Elements and Bang...camera gone again. This is after Premier Elements 4 loaded straight away while Photoshop 6 took over 20 attempts before finally, the cd drive would read the disc. According to Adobe, because finally it did read that there must be a problem with the associated firmware. This is all Double Dutch to me. How I wish I could just hand this laptop back and buy one that is more reliable. Thanks for the link which I will try and sorry about the rant....Brendan.

Gordon.barnes5
Visitor

Hi Brendan,
R click on Camera Capture Utility and select "Run as Administrator"
Gordon.

Brendan100
Visitor

Thanks Gordon...You were spot on....Brendan