Join now - be part of our community!

Blank screen - please help

shoehorn
Visitor

Blank screen - please help

So I bought an XL302 - paid a lot for it, so that it would work . . .
All OK - connected to my Bravia by HDMI
- turn it on tonight and nothing . . .
the PC "on" (the small green light) starts, but there is no picture.
There is a small amount of what sounds like HDD searching, but no other lights show or flash at all (only the PC "on" light - which stays lit)
The HDMI lead is OK, as it works with my V+ Cable Box.
Any thoughts as to what might be wrong - I'm very unhappy . . . :slight_frown:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
chris.campling@am65
Visitor

Have you set the TV to the correct HDMI input

timround
Visitor

Welcome to the world of pain!

If you look through this forum, you will see lots of people with the same problem, including myself.

I've tried windows hot fixes, different video drivers, and I even tried the release candidant of Vista SP1, nothing completely fixed it.

I'm going back to square one, and re-installing vista.

I've also bought a new video card (the leadtek 8500 mentioned in other posts) to try that.

The basic problem is the HDMI handshaking and Vista failing to wake from sleep.

Tim.

h4
Visitor

i have a 201. and would have to agree with timround, tbh i think i first 'saw' timround on a similar thread. hdmi is out, some people have disabled intel viiv, some people have contacted microsft for hotfixes, but i think you will be very lucky if the problem goes away.

team leader (steven)i think from vaio told me on tuesday that 'this is a FEATURE of the vaio'. some feature, last week gerard recommended, as instructed by his emgineers, that i should put the vaio to sleep before i change the channel to record on sky, and then wake it when i go back to the hdmi channel. o.m.g.

but of course this didnt work very well, sufficed to say i was not impressed, especially since vaio had kept my machine for more than the promised 5 - 10 working days the week before.

so i've spent the last 2 and half days rewiring my whole setup, from top to bottom..... and ill tell you i am gutted. i tell everyone to ensure their laptop or pc has hdmi and me...? well ive got it set up with component. the worst thing is i need the component output for my projector, so evrytime i want to watch big screen... well, so much for digital convenience...

im sorry to offload...apart from the above, omg the system is great, i got a 500 gig hard drive installed and it needs more.

lets just hope that sony releases an update that alows you to disable this 'feature'.