Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless device on TV not accessible

SOLVED
rayhow
Explorer

Wireless device on TV not accessible

My two-month-old KDL-32WD756 TV suddenly lost contact with the home wireless network. No settings had been changed, and the router is still communicating with other devices. A check on the network status, after searching, gives the following error report:

Wireless device on TV: Not accessible

Local access: Failed

Internet access: Failed

Does the first line of this report suggest a fault with the TV?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
rayhow
Explorer

Dear Manolo

Many thanks indeed for your prompt and very helpful advice. In the end it was not needed because the problem cured itself. Two days after reporting the fault, the network status suddenly changed from 'Wireless device on TV: Not accessible' to 'Wireless device on TV: Found'. No parameters or settings had been changed, so the cause will forever remain a mystery. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Best wishes from Ray.

View solution in original post

rayhow
Explorer

Hello again Manolo

It just occurred to me that during this time we had a 20-minute power cut due to bad weather. It seems possible that this caused a re-setting of parameters. The advice might be: if it doesn't work, switch it off at the mains and switch it back on again!!

Ray

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Settings > System Settings > Set-up > Network > Built-in Wi-Fi? Is [On] or [Off]?

If Wireless is "On"... Try a Reset (anyway, try also a Router Reset): Settings > System Settings > Customer Support > Factory Settings*

* Resets all settings to factory settings. After completing this process, the initial set-up screen is displayed. Note: Be sure not to turn the TV off during this period (it takes about 30 seconds) or press any buttons.

Manolo

rayhow
Explorer

Dear Manolo

Many thanks indeed for your prompt and very helpful advice. In the end it was not needed because the problem cured itself. Two days after reporting the fault, the network status suddenly changed from 'Wireless device on TV: Not accessible' to 'Wireless device on TV: Found'. No parameters or settings had been changed, so the cause will forever remain a mystery. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Best wishes from Ray.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

"Let's hope it doesn't happen again"

Me too... :wink:

Manolo

rayhow
Explorer

Hello again Manolo

It just occurred to me that during this time we had a 20-minute power cut due to bad weather. It seems possible that this caused a re-setting of parameters. The advice might be: if it doesn't work, switch it off at the mains and switch it back on again!!

Ray

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

All is possible, why not? TV has rebooted... By "bad weather" but has Rebooted...

Manolo

Any long term fix? Or anything I can do to avoid hitting this again? It was really annoying to have to go through the factory reset and I hope I do not have to do it again! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Could a simple reboot of TV work instead of factory reset?  If it happens again, switching the TV off from the wall for 2 minutes and try again. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
gAnEsH1058
Explorer

Hi, 

I am also facing issue as above one. But after factory reset and switch tv off from main plug did not work for me...Can you please guide me .My TV model is KLV 43W772E..

profile.country.GB.title
payrollmom
Explorer

Hello Sony,

I too have this same message and we have NetFlix button built into my SONY remote and it no longer works (yes, we continued paying after trial subscription) and we tried re-booting everything (modem, tv, cable box, etc.) and ours still says "not accessible".  I was on the phone with Direct TV for an hour and they said they re-booted everything on their end.  We have had multiple storms over the months.

Finally, I do not have a Factory Reset button anywhere in my Settings.

Any into will be helpful???

Thanks,

Gina