Join now - be part of our community!

sony bravia rear projection tv problem with xbox

profile.country.en_GB.title
jewls1
Visitor

sony bravia rear projection tv problem with xbox

hi

we have just bought a xbox kinect and it wont work on this tv we have changed the setting to pal 60 and the screen is very fuzzy cannot play the game at all any help will be great

many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi Jewls1

Can you post up the model number of the Sony television?  I cant promise a fix but it will help us take a closer look.

Regards
Lee

N.Carwithen
Visitor

Hi Lee,

It's for model number kdf-e50a12u.  I have the exact same problem when using the supplied AV cable and using the xbox in PAL 60 mode.  I tried a few fixes.  I borrowed an HDMI cable, but regardless of the display setting I was getting the same ghosting effect.  The suggested fixes from microsoft are here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917304?sd=xbox

Unfortunately I have not yet been a able to try the HD AV cable idea because it is boxing day and none of the shops are open. 

I found a suggested fix online in two separate forums, but am not prepared to try these until someone at sony confirms that it really works! It utilises the service menu for engineers and I don't want to risk screwing up my TV.

Here are the forum links:

http://diemetrix.blogspot.com/2008/04/fix-for-ghosting-on-your-sony-bravia-tv.html

and about 3/4 of the way down the same fix suggested by #234

http://www.avforums.com/forums/rear-projection-tvs/384717-sonykdf-e50a12u-help-ghosting-check-60hz-8...

Can you help?  I have attached screen pics if that helps in any way.

Natalie

ACEnACES
Visitor

Hi Lee,

I just read that post regarding xbox 360 with a Sony Bravia TV. I've got a very similar problem. When attrempting to load COD black ops im told that the game will only work on 60 hz so when i set it to 60 hz i get a serious goasting effect. Same happens when i connect the HDM1 cable and try to play it in HD. I've been told i need the tv to be upgraded but i was wondering it there was anything else i could do to solve the problem. The serial number is KDF-50E2010. Really hope you can help!

Cheers

Graham

Jenkipoo
Visitor

Hi All,

I can confirm that the fix provided in one of these posts does work.  I had the same problem with all my Xbox games as the ones I bought required them to be played in 60Hz which then gave the ghosting effect.  Almost gave up as couldnt get any advice or support at all with the problem and decided that the tv wasnt compatible.  UNTIL I FOUND THE SAME post.  I nerviously did this last night and it worked a treat.  I have the same TV as you so give it a go.  Only advice is to follow it step by step - do not change anything that is not listed and fingers crossed it works.

Im chuffed to bits as thought i would have to get another TV but no this really does work.