Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia (KDL-32BX400) Audio IN problem

SOLVED
FilkeBG
Explorer

Sony Bravia (KDL-32BX400) Audio IN problem

Hi to all,

When I connect audio cable from my computer audio card (line out) to Audio In (L R cinch at back tv panel) and in TV Menu select in Sound properties TV Speaker and PC in another submenu there is no sound. Also, tried to choose HDMI1 in Sound Menu, and connected my computer to HDMI port at TV's backpanel, but nothing happens. Any combination of Sound settings doesn't work for me. But when I connect DVB-T2 receiver via HDMI port it normally works with sound on through TV Speakers. What am I doing wrong?

16 REPLIES 16
FilkeBG
Explorer

As you are using HDMI - As you have said, you will need to use the HDMI1 port as labelled in 'B', but the audio appears to be a Line IN socket (3.5mm ?) jack.  This is the only place you can input audio from a HDMI port - ive circled in red.

Yes, on my PC's audio card I just have 3.5mm analog audio line out and just DVI port for video card, dont have HDMI port, just DVI to HDMI cable. Is this red labeled black port below digital audio out port on TV, place where I should connect my analog 3.5mm cable from my audio card?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

https://docs.sony.com/release/KDL32EX400.pdf

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

I think that if you want to connect a PC via VGA or DVI to VGA or in HDMI 1, then in all cases analogue Audio IN should be connected in AUDIO PC/HDMI1 AUDIO IN (6) on first picture. 3.5mm black jack as @Anonymous said.

FilkeBG
Explorer

OK, but I have audio cable 3.5mm from my PC and R,L chinch on other side. That Audio IN (6 on picture) is one hole port, and my cable has 2 chinchs. Do I have to buy another audio cable with one 3.5mm connector on both sides?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes or buy this:

rca to35.jpg

FilkeBG
Explorer

Problem is solved, RCA to 3.5mm adapter was solution for my situation.

Thank you all for your generous assistance!

Cheers, Ivan!

FilkeBG
Explorer

Unbelievable, I turned on computer today and have the same issue again. No sound from tv, whatever I do.

I didn't do anything from yesterday, all settings are the same but no sound! I even tried with another 3.5mm cable from my PC to TV but nothing happens! There is sound from my computer, tried with headphones, and there is sound from my tv speakers when I connect DVB-C tuner. I am totally confused now! If I didn't hear yesteday sound from TV speakers I would say something is inoperative on TV!

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

I am sorry to hear this.

Did you try to plug and unplug many many times the 3.5mm jack? Do it slowly as if rubbing off with a little pressure on all sides. Sometimes if our set is on a place with humidity then the copper of the jack gets corrosion and does not allow proper contact.

If you don't manage to fix then a technician could clean the contacts.

Another solution could be a VGA to DVI converter that includes Audio:

http://www.lindy.co.uk/audio-video-c2/converters-scalers-c105/vga-audio-to-hdmi-converter-adapter-p7...

This is an expensive one but possibly you can find a cheaper one in Ebay. Must include Audio. Just try with an HDMI input of your TV and if it doesn't work just send this back.

I cannot figure out what else could be the cause of your issue.