Join now - be part of our community!

No audio from Sony TV and Sony Audio system

profile.country.fi_FI.title
Gosta.S
Visitor

No audio from Sony TV and Sony Audio system

Hi

I bought the KDL-55HX855 tv yesterday but I cannot get audio to come out of my audio system.

I have a STR-DG910 AV reciever but I cannot get the tv sound to come out of it. I have it linked up with HDMI.

Both have bravia sync so I simply cannot understand Why I'm not revieving any audio!

my last tv Sony KDL-40D3500 was linked up the same way and the audio worked fine.

I tried all the options, changing to audio system, having audio out to FIXED, but no sound.

Please help this is getting pretty frustrating. It should not be this hard as I have All sony equipment.

PS3 that is hooked into the av reciever works fine and I get sound for that, (and picture on the TV)

TX, GS

Tags (5)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

what does it do when you press options/speakers/ change tv speakers to Audio system?, check also your connected to HDMI 1 ARC.

just found another setting in sound, HDMI/DVI audio soarce, theres 3 settings there, does HDMI audio help you?. i cannot check this for you as i do not have audio to HDMI with my set.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

GostaSerla
Visitor

It just goes mute when I switch to audio system from the settings. I can control the av reciever with my remote it changes volume and channels but there simply is no sound comming from anywhere.

if i then again start up my ps3 connected to the av reciever i get both picture and sound.

I bought a digital audio cable today but this did not help either I'm not recieving any sound..

I've tried every setting even the hdmi audio setting.

Please help, what could be the solution?

TX,

GS

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

an optical audio cable from your tv to amp should do the trick, remember to mute the tv speakers or you will get an echo.

remember, at best even going thru the amp you will only get two channel stereo, most broadcast are done this way, there are only one or two programmes done in dolby digital.

GostaSerla
Visitor

This is unbeliveable.. I cannot get sound even with the optical cable. For some reason I'm considering on returning the TV, I've tried everything.. nothing helps.

It should'nt be any harder than puting n the HDMI or the digital optical but nothing..

Anybody please help. What might I be doing wrong?

That was 20 mins ago.. i disconnected everything and just used the digital audio.

I got it to work on the reciever channel video 1.

I noteiced that the bravia sync/HDMI control didn't work and when I connected the HDMI back it changed channells to TV on the reciever and going mute again.. I then decieded to find a way yo get around this.

I set the HDMI control back in and some strange way I found a place on the Reciever to change the the Video 1 for TV.. and YES IT FINALLY WORKS. I can use only one remote! :

Message was edited by: GostaSerla

My Sony Bravia TV's has stopped making a sound. When you go to settings the TV's makes a sound at that point, but there is no sound coming out juring a programme. I have tried in settings and the audio section of the TV's and I can't get any sound to come out juring programmes,ROY