Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46EX713 - Belkin problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
timmyjimmy
Visitor

KDL-46EX713 - Belkin problems

Trying to keep my TV connected to the internet but to no avail.

Once you setup the wireless connection everything is fine as long as you are using the internet services on the tv, but if I turn over to watch tv or leave it idle for 10 minutes it can't connect to the internet.

Checking connection gets 2 OKs and internet access failed.

Seting up the connection makes it work then the same thing happens again.

What is wrong?

(I've updated both the router and tv)

TV: KDL-46ex713

Router: Belkin G+ MIMO router

17 REPLIES 17
timmyjimmy
Visitor

Bravia55HX923: What is with you? Why do you keep pushing the USB dongle thing? IT DOES NOT need the dongle!

KDL & Catmambo: I'll try another modem if I can get my hands on otherwise I'll get a replacement for the tv. Thanks.

Mastahpeo
Visitor

Hello Timmy Jimmy,

If your TV model is a KDL 46EX713 then no you don't need a wireless dongle to access online features BUT if you want to connect wirelessly to your router, then yes you do! The TV is not wireless out of the box, and requires the dongle to create a wireless connection. Which is the point i think he was trying too make

You can hardwire the TV using RJ45 cable's or depending on location of your router you can use Home Plugs to create the same effect.

If you are getting Connected then failed on the next two options that generally means your have inputted the wrong password or it's possible your connectiong speed is not fast enouugh. The online services require 2mb minimum for standard feed's and 4mb minimum for HD feeds.

Also i presume you have tried resetting the TV to factory default and going through initial set up again ? Not just retrying the connection.

Message was edited by: Mastahpeo

Message was edited by: Mastahpeo

timmyjimmy
Visitor

How am I getting the online services if I am not conected to my router?

It says Wireless intetgrated on the specs and it doesn't even have a dongle in the accessories menu.

And what part of "it does connect" do you not understand, connecting is not the problem.

Also I think Mastahpeo=Bravia55

Anyway i'll try another router or just get a replacement.

Bravia55HX

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-117-46-lcd/kdl-46ex713#pageType=Overview

FEATURES MENU 3RD PARAGRAPH DOWN,

wireless lan ready. not integrated

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Timmy

relax...the guys on here are just trying to help you out...:smileyhappy:

As BRAVIA55HX923 has pointed out, if you have a 46ex713 then this model does not have integrated wireless according to the spec sheets. Can you share the spec sheet you are referring to if possible as that might clarify things a bit.

Thanks

timmyjimmy
Visitor

KDL-46 N X713... (whoops)

Still its Wireless integrated and the problem hasn't changed, though I haven't found alternative router yet.

Bravia55HX

AH, now we have it, a spelling mistake!,

dont hear an apology yet though:smileywink:

i know some say Belkin routers play up, im not convinced of that but if its any help mines a netgear one from virgin and connects no problem, see if you can soarce on of those.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello timmyjimmy again,

Now the problem becomes more specific, it is NX series with built in wi-fi, no need to buy the dongle :slight_smile:

OK, until you find another router, you may try the below steps which could helps ( these steps used in another problem type whereas no wireless communication at all,, but it improves the wireless stability a little).

1- read your TV MAC number and record in a paper. It is shown under TV system information in the form of xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

2- enter the the TV MAC number in your router configration page (usually it is under wireless setup page)

3- if possible (depends on your TV network menu) do the same in vise versa by reading the router MAC number and record it in TV.

4- try the connection stability

5- if the problem still exists, go to your router again and change the wireless broadcast channel ( if it is channel 11 change it with a higher frequency channel such as channel 12 or 13 )

5- it is recommended too to have secure wireless connection by setting a username and password.

Thanks