Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32WD755 high pitch noise on standby

profile.country.GR.title
orfeas92
Explorer

KDL-32WD755 high pitch noise on standby

Hallo to the community. I noticed that my TV is producing a high pitch noise when i turn it off (standby). When i turn on the TV, the noise stops. It is commming for sure from inside the tv' s circuits and not from the external power supply. I know that it is something very common for TV's, and you can hear it only if you are very close to the device, but i can not stop thinking that myabe this noise is comming from a faulty mosfet or capacitor. On the other hand, i still have doa, but i don' t want to replace it because maybe the new has the same "issue", but a bad pannel(e.g. stuck pixel. Has happened to me before with a vaio), that why i want to ivestigate first. Your bravia is doing the same?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

It might be best to get in touch with the support team for further help on this here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Holmberga
New

Hello,

Do you have any news regarding your problem with the noise of the TV?

I have maybe similar problem.

Best Regards,

Holmberg

profile.country.GR.title
orfeas92
Explorer

Hello Mr. Holmberg. I contacted the Greek Sony authorized service, and they informed me that this noise is something very common on a lot of electronic devices and it is not something important. I did not expect other reply. I knew this about electronics and their capacitors from before. I noticed that after use, when I turn off the TV, another noise is produced, (not so loud), Maybe because the device is warm.  I am trying to find if this noise is common at these models or mine is faulty. For these types of issues, contacting service center doesn’t' t help.

What exact model do you have? Do you have this noise from day one?

profile.country.GB.title
Holmberga
New

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure if the noise is coming from day 1. Maybe it is something like capacitor. The TV is still guarantee. The buzzing noise is coming from the TV board.

Best Regards,

Holmberg

profile.country.GR.title
orfeas92
Explorer

Dou you have also the ..755 model? Mine if for sure from day 1. Excactly..The noise is coming from the circuit board. Have contacted your local service center?

profile.country.SI.title
nikel123
Explorer

I have a KDL-32WD756, the same as you have a thin squeak from the back panel when turned off in standby mode, How to drown out this sound?

profile.country.GR.title
orfeas92
Explorer

Seems that this issue is pretty common, and I think that there is no solution if this problem exists to all series of these model. Only if we have a report here from an owner of this model without this noise, we can think to change the board at a service. For now, I think that the new board will be the same. Mine is very late production (october 2018).. So still the noise exists.