Join now - be part of our community!

How to download new apps to Bravia

SOLVED
profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

How to download new apps to Bravia

I have perchased a KDL-46W905A Bravia and can not find a way to download new apps.

Have serched on Google but only found a youtube from Sony about a Android market app to download apps with but i dont have the market app?

104 REPLIES 104
Nic1969
New

We have just bought the Sony Bravia KD-55XD70xx and while I went through Opera and found the download for Showbox, the website said I need to change the security option to allow data from an unknown source.  I can’t find those settings anywhere!  Can you help please?

thanks

profile.country.US.title
wendy8425
New

profile.country.GB.title
Barrie67

Not sure what model TV you have but I have just bought a new Sony Android TV and was having the same issue. I received a message back yesterday from Sony Technical who basically said if the App ie UKTV is not on the TV's play store app list, then it is not compatible with this TV. I find this a bit poor on a 2018 developed set as in UKTV in the UK is one of the major catch up tv services. The only way I can see being able to do it reconnent my Amazon Fire and get it that way which seems a backward step?

I know this has not given you the answer you wanted but it appears to be a common question. Perhaps Sony will see it and do something about it? 

profile.country.GB.title
Pmil3005
Explorer

What apps come installed on a Bravia tv?  I have connected to the internet but ITV hub, 4 on demand and various others have not appeared but they loaded straight on to my other two Bravia TVs when I connected them last year.

H888hertz
Explorer

***** Sony Globaly

profile.country.GB.title
peterg136
Explorer

??? what does that even mean - if I had access to other installers I would use them what is nsz-gs7 anyway

walneyffo
New

amigo é que eu comprei uma tv com aplicativos e tiraram quase todos mais
obrigado
profile.country.GB.title
Bbflaherty15
Explorer

Why do I not have Google app  on my smart tv

profile.country.GB.title
tonkie93

I’m in the same situation, just bought a brand new 2019 model KD-65XG7002 and been informed I can’t add any apps to it, can only use the preinstalled apps, which most are of no use to me. 

I suppose it’s my fault, just thinking a Smart tv would be able to be Smart:slight_frown: but in the sales info it said and I quote “Use your Sony KD 65XG70 Smart TV to enjoy all the apps you love. There's a whole host on offer. Simply search for and download them using the remote control. Connect to the internet to enjoy video-on-demand from apps like YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video in 4K resolution.”  

Bit misleading if you ask me

profile.country.GB.title
peterg136
Explorer

Entirely misleading, someone more critical might say a outright lie. I  know they are in sale, but still. Software on the the TV is updated so why not the apps? Maybe Samsung or LG is the way to go in the future, Sony just don't seem to be listening to their customer base to quote salesspeak. :rage: