Join now - be part of our community!

Help with my Sony KDL32EX403?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
iefmcin
Visitor

Help with my Sony KDL32EX403?

Hi My HDTV worked fine before the digital switchover but since, it's not functioning at all unless I use the digital set top box! I've retuned it and it claims to have loads of channels but when I try to access them, it says 'no signal'! It doesn't matter whether I connect the aerial directly to the tv or try to use it when the aerial is in the digital box and coming to the tv that way! It's a rather expensive 'monitor' to have sitting in the corner of the room!

My digital signal is rough since the switchover, too - interruptions, blips, fits adn starts and picture breaking up occasionally and it seems to be getting worse! I was hoping to check whether it was to do with the connection/the digital box or the transmitter but that's not possible with the tv not functioning as a tv.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi again,

heres the link below to what you need, tick the disclaimer at the bottom of the page and download it, please be sure to read the instructions well first and you cant go wrong.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-32EX403/downloads/FW_Bravia4107EUL

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Hi,

its the same old story with many who buy a new digital tv and wait for the inevitable switchover, they almost always forget or neglect to renew the aerial to a digital one!.

if the aerial has been up a long time, chances are its not a digital one and will need replacing.

iefmcin
Visitor

It's not the aerial - I've been using the digital aerial for 5 years - and digital channels through a set top box! I also used it with my digital television for nearly two years before the switchover! 

I did actually give some of this information in my question.............the digital set top box and digital television weren't transmitting digital channels from a terrestrial aerial before switchover - that would have been magic!

I'd be grateful for some input on the question I asked.

Many thanks in anticipation that someone will have some insight.

Bravia55HX

ok, have you tried a firmware update and a factory re set just to clear any glitches it may have picked up.

iefmcin
Visitor

I will try a factory reset but I've no idea  what a firmware update is.

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

heres the link below to what you need, tick the disclaimer at the bottom of the page and download it, please be sure to read the instructions well first and you cant go wrong.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-32EX403/downloads/FW_Bravia4107EUL