Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV Home button not working?

JayPDC
Explorer

Bravia TV Home button not working?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows why the Home button on my Sony Bravia TV remote no longer seems to work?

It used to bring up my options for apps and YouTube etc, but doesn't seem to be working now?

I have my TV linked to a Sky+ Box and the TV is less than a year old.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Which television code? Are you sure you are pressing the button while watching a DVB-T channel or rather while watching sky? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Turn OFF "Control for HDMI" on your SKY box, and the home button will work.

Cheers

J-star

Quinnicus -

Hi, do you know why this needs to be turned off for the home button to work?

I know Sky recently implemented a new feature with the latest software upgrade to my skyHD box which allows the TV to be turned on automatically and set to the sky HDMI input when the sky button on the remote is pressed, negating the need to turn the TV on separately.  Also if the TV is already on but set to a different input when the sky box is turned on, it will automatically change over to the sky input.  These are new functions, presumably of the 'Control for HDMI' option.

However I too am inconvenienced by the home button no longer working while the sky HDMI input is the active one on the TV -- you have to switch to a different input first for it to work.

Is there no way to rectify this without deactivating the useful new functionality that sky has introduced?

Thanks

Jeff

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J-star wrote:

Is there no way to rectify this without deactivating the useful new functionality that sky has introduced?

Hi there

Thats a good question - unfortunately there is no other way at the moment (to my understanding).  The more generic term of HDMI-CEC is not perfect or quite an industry standard.  Each manufacturer seems to implement this slightly differently, and hence this is the problem that can occur.  Who's at fault - Sony or Sky.  Cannot say to be honest.

Cheers

J-star

Hi

I guess no one in particular is at fault, at least the option can be turned off.  I think this is what I will do, as it's less trouble to turn on the tv or switch inputs with an extra button press or two than to have to swap inputs just to use the home button and then swap back.

Although I don't suppose changing the HDMI port that the sky box is connected to could help?  For example one of the ports has something called MHL support I understand?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, changing HDMI ports wont help.  The one that is labled as a MHL port is an actual HDMI port, with additial MHL functions.  Same as the ARC port.

Unfortunately turning it off, is the only solution at this stage.  :slight_smile:

J-star

Cool.  Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I still don't understand which tv set you have. In any case you can switch the control tv tv (also to Home button) by pressing the "sync menu button" in the remote, or change the way bravia sync works in "bravia sync setup" in th external devices menu.

"Bravia users when using HDMI CEC with Sky all you have to do is (on your Bravia's control) "Sync Menu" > "TV control with the TV remote""