Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-37W55/57xx and Virgin Plus Box

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
midnat
Visitor

Bravia KDL-37W55/57xx and Virgin Plus Box

Since having Vigin Media Plus Box put in, our Picture does not seem very sharp, HD does not look so good. Yet my brother as the same TV and Vigin Media. His TV looks very sharp. I do have the hdmi cable pluged in from the Virgin Box. If I go into Menu, it does say no hdmi? but I do have a Picture. What Picture settings would anyone suggest please.

Any Help Please

Kind Regards

Midnat

Other Question

I had a Panasonic TV and a Panasonic DVD and Surround Sound. Model DVD System SC-MT1. His there any way I can use this for surrond sound with my Bravia KDL-37W55/57

Thank You

Message was edited by: midnat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Welcome, I just update the link for how to do Factory reset in the above reply

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Try to help you but kindly advise, where did you check under TV menu (which part)  there is no hdmi?

Did you enable the HDMI output from the Virgin box menu or not yet? some boxes must enable manually

Did you change recently any setting under menu> picture setting ? check setting of your brother TV specially the SHARPNESS scale

what about other video source such like DVD or blu-ray...is the picture ok?

Message was edited by: KDL-CX520

Message was edited by: KDL-CX520

midnat
Visitor

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

Yes there is a hdmi from the Virgin V Box to the TV.

Yes I intend to look at my brothers settings next time I go.

Were is the Sharpness Scale?

Yes ok from DVD Player!

I did settings from pressing Home on the TV Remote, also pressed options Picture on the TV Remote?

How do I put the TV back to Factory Settings?

Many Thanks

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi,

You are Welcome,

the picture sharpness setting is under Home>picture> sharpness

as seen on the online i-manual here http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/imanual/menus.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=KDL-37W5500&s=SM01

Factory reset seen under SET-UP http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/imanual/menus.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=KDL-37W5500&s=SM04

Before you do the above steps, i noticed there is new released firmware (16/9/2011) to improve your TV model and recommended for all users, may be it include improvment about picture quality !!

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=FW_Bravia1750EA&ch=1&m...

You can update this firmware using USB flash memory by follow EXACTLY the steps mentioned there.

Regards,

midnat
Visitor

Hi

Thank you, just downloaded the update. Will give it a Try. One thing I would like to know is,How do you put the KDL-37W5500 back to Factory Settings?

Regards

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Welcome, I just update the link for how to do Factory reset in the above reply