Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon instants UHD latest titles not loading on BRAVIA KD49X8505BBU

pauleds1983
Explorer

Amazon instants UHD latest titles not loading on BRAVIA KD49X8505BBU

I'm trying to watch the latest UHD tv show Bosch using the amazon instant app on my 4k BRAVIA KD49X8505BBU TV and it just wont work.

The normal 1080p version works as normal. But upon testing it seems most of the latest UHD tv shows don't load either. Only a handful worked for me.

Can anyone else load up Bosch on the Amazon instant app in UHD?

Thank

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A couple of months ago, I tested some of the 4K Amazon Instant content and it was working fine (on this model X8505).

There are two things that may cause an issue:

1. Do you have a decent broadband connection (speed needs to be more than 15Mbps)
  2. A couple of days ago, Amazon had some server/network issues.  Could they still be experincing these ? You would need to contact Amazon to find out.

My advice anyhow is to contact Amazon if certain TV shows/movies do not work.

Cheers

pauleds1983
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

I have 73mbps fibre so thats not the issue. I have watched many of the older UHD titles before without issue.

I have contacted amazon and they dont seem to think there are any issues so i've hit a dead end with them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in replying again.  However your not going to like my answer.... As the TV can play other UHD videos from Amazon, but not a select few - the TV is not at fault.  Hence this is definately an Amazon issue.  Amazon are prone to fob-me-offs unfortunately (I have first hand experience on this).  Unfortunately your going to have to persue this with them.

Ive also not heard of any other reports on Sony TVs not being able to play certain UHD titles.

Sorry to give you this news

Cheers

I have had the same problem with my KD49x8505b, whereby I could watch all UHD content a few months ago and now I keep getting error messages or not available messages on the majority of UHD content. I know it is not the Internet connection speed that is the problem. I rang Amazon but really got the run around. All my Netflix UHD content works without any problems What I have noticed is that if I go directly to the tv series by searching, rather than the UHD link on the home screen, then the majority of UHD content opens up and plays so I suspect the fault may lie in the UHD folder that comes up on the Amazon home screen.

I have had similar problems watching UHD content on a KD65X9005 and amazon 'seem' to accept there is a problem:

"Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble you've had in watching Ultra HD content on your Sony Television.

I understand that unable to stream any of the Ultra HD Bosch episodes in your Sony Television.

We are aware of this issue, and we're working on a solution and in this instance, I'd request you to provide us the following information and we'll be happy to forward it to our technical team and rest assured that they'll try resolving this issue as soon as possible. "

See also: https://community.sony.com/t5/4K-Ultra-HD-TV/Amazon-UHD-content-not-displaying-in-4K-resolution-for-...