Join now - be part of our community!

Locked Tipo, how can I reset it?

SOLVED
Chimera13
Visitor

Locked Tipo, how can I reset it?

So, my phone Xperia Tipo has been locked by 20 incorrect pattern entries and I don't remember the answer to my security question. The phone hasn't been tweaked, it's as delivered. 

I can't get it to connect with PC companion, because the phone has to be unlocked in order to be accessed. How can I reset it completely?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You may need to perform a software repair using PC companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 60% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

alexdon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You may need to perform a software repair using PC companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 60% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

alexdon
Chimera13
Visitor

It worked, thank you!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Great.

alexdon
nenad93
Visitor

Thanks man it s working Grinning_Face

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@nenad93 That sounds good.

alexdon
mundhir
Visitor

So, my phone Xperia Tipo has been locked by 20 incorrect pattern entries and I don't remember the answer to my security question. The phone hasn't been tweaked, it's as delivered. 

I can't get it to connect with PC companion, because the phone has to be unlocked in order to be accessed. How can I reset it completely?

Thanks!