Join now - be part of our community!

STR DN1060 AV Receiver - Google Cast Sound Field Issues

jojawha
Explorer

STR DN1060 AV Receiver - Google Cast Sound Field Issues

Hi,

Does anyone else have issues with choosing a Sound Field when using Google Cast. Player won't let me choose any mode other than A.F.D (if you click on any other mode it says NOT.USE on the receiver's display). There is no output to my Subwoofer either (this is only in Google Cast mode). With any other music source the receiver outputs low frequencies to my Subwoofer in A.F.D.

This has only been happening ever since the recent firmware update on 14.09.2016 (M29.R.0422)

104 REPLIES 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Darbo25

I'll await for someone to confirm as well - as this gives more 'weight' when i raise it back to Sony :slight_smile: 

Cheers

PS:  I was kinda hoping this would be the end of this thread, but appears not to be :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

Me too squire, me too.

profile.country.GB.title
DFender666
Explorer

Hi

Same problem here. Soundfield greyed out.

Wondering if they even test the fw before release... :slight_frown:

profile.country.EE.title
Searching81
Explorer

It is still definitely disabled. I have checked via:

- Amp menu (as displayed on the amp LCD)

- Home menu (as displayed on the connected TV)

- Amp remote buttons

- Sony Android app

profile.country.RO.title
nicoman58
Explorer

Sony will going down really bad...they are too big and fragmented

Only psp division is on plus.audio is down

With all the money they put in the advertising on what hifi or sound &vision or elsewere!

They have alot of logistic ,it and customer suport problems

And they seems not triyng to do anything useful

Bye Sony!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I received further feedback today in regards to this - However, unfortuately it appears though that the information posted on the firmware download page is incorrect and misleading.  This will be rectified by Sony to prevent confusions.

"Sound mode selection during Chromecast is limited to 2CH/Multi CH selection. Sound field modes like Music, Movie, etc. are disabled"

Sony have also stated that their position on this will not be changing in the future either.

I understand that none of you will like this answer - but I think this is the end of this im afraid.

Cheers

----

I am assuming that 2CH = 2.0 and Multi CH = Multi-chan Stereo.

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

It wouldn't be so bad if that were the case though,  the problem is sound mode selection during chromecast is limited to 2 ch, no other option is available so the most recent software update did absolutely nothing,  now the fact they actually tried to do something is an admittance of fault so to find out they're giving up is silly,  they're not even going to do what they set out to do with the previous update? 

I'm not one for amateur dramatics but that is genuinely pretty disgraceful,  to accept they've done something wrong then decide not to do anything about it. 

If I was asked to carry out a task at work and I completely failed in that task,  disappointing an awful lot of customers them I'd be hauled over the coals so why aren't the people who put together the latest update being told to correct their mistake? 

This really sucks,  I have a lot of Sony equipment and i'm honestly scared to update any of it,  my phone has had a software update sitting on it for about two months but this has taught me to leave it alone if it's working fine.

They've removed a heavily used feature. 

Gutted. 

profile.country.EE.title
Searching81
Explorer

There is no selection!!! You can't toggle between 2Ch and multi Ch. It is
fixed. It runs on multi Ch (with no sub).

All I want is 2Ch with sub. Or at the very least just 2Ch. What you would expect to listen to music with! It currently sounds horrible in Multi Channel.

I have no desire to changes modes to movie, etc.

profile.country.EE.title
Searching81
Explorer

The problem is Sony aren't listening. They have released an update and think we are confused about the wording. We aren't. The update they released DOES NOT ALLOW THE SELECTION THEY ARE CLAIMING. 

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why im confised?

@Darbo25 - your saying its limited to 2 ch?  Correct? 

@Searching81 - Your saying its limited to multi ch (no sub)?  Correct?

And hence my confusion. Either way, sub is disabled.

If both of you are correct, then maybe the STR-DN1060 is auto switching the sound field depending on the source of the audio via Chromecast?