Join now - be part of our community!

STR DN1060 AV Receiver - Google Cast Sound Field Issues

jojawha
Explorer

STR DN1060 AV Receiver - Google Cast Sound Field Issues

Hi,

Does anyone else have issues with choosing a Sound Field when using Google Cast. Player won't let me choose any mode other than A.F.D (if you click on any other mode it says NOT.USE on the receiver's display). There is no output to my Subwoofer either (this is only in Google Cast mode). With any other music source the receiver outputs low frequencies to my Subwoofer in A.F.D.

This has only been happening ever since the recent firmware update on 14.09.2016 (M29.R.0422)

104 REPLIES 104
Sory_Electronics
Explorer

Dear Sony,

1.  I would like to hear my subwoofer again when i stream from Chrome.  

2.  No, I dont need to take my receiver to a repair shop just because your customer service representatives are incompetent.  (Nothing like calling in 3 times and explaining my problem...I feel like I should have been a teacher!)

3.  I echo the false 4k marketing.  I was so excited, had my brand new X Box One S ready to try Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4 for some HDR goodness.  Did it work?  No Sir!  Had to route to my LG TV and lose my 7.1 LPCM.  Thanks Sory Entertainment.

Maybe for another $599 the STR-DN 1080 would fix this.

/sarcasm off

UNBELIEVABLE.

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

I'd like to know how to take things further,  nothing is getting done through these channels and it's beyond ridiculous that it's happened in the first place. Nobody in their right mind could possibly think it's an improvement...well maybe the neighbours but nobody else. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Darbo25

I have escalated your post to Sony Support so you can have direct communications with them.  Unfortunately I dont think these forums can help you much more to be honest. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

Cheers Quinnicus, I appreciate your efforts but I realise there's only so much you can do,  I still don't expect much to happen but if I didn't try I'd be annoyed with myself,  it really is something I used a lot and it's rendered useless. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome

I fully understand your frustrations over this.  I too would be annoyed if a function I used/paid for was disabled due to a FW update.

Sory_Electronics
Explorer

The gentleman I spoke on my 2nd attempt Monday at the "The No Help Desk" said it was a known issue which should be fixed next firmware, however he couldn't give me a date.

I however, bought an iPhone. Hopefully they don't break AirPlay

Still makes you wander what they were thinking...Hey guys, "no subwoofer is a great idea... lets lock this carefully thought out sound field in our next firmware"

Just like taking Linux away from the PS3.

Buy a car with power windows and auto start only to be told it's no longer able to be used.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

Well if that's the case then great,  I don't mind waiting for the next firmware as long as I know they've accepted it is a problem. 

profile.country.RO.title
nicoman58
Explorer

again on this forum!!!!

SONY didn't contact me ofcourse

customer service/it department---------->YOU ARE USELESS

...read my lips again  U.S.E.L.E.S.S.

i'ved had enough

SONY is dead for me!

notorious liars

learn from this once and for all

-thats why in audio department---->from 2003-2004(S MASTER PRO and PASCAL series)..

to this days

more people buy ONKYO ,DENON,YAMAHA,PIONEER or better ARCAM,ANTHEM

they are far more seriously and correct

and have BETTER PRODUCTS

I'm not a beginner,I'm a pro in audio department

i know very well what i'm saying!!!

i'm not giving you more details

you better learn something from this,because in the past i was one of your number 1 fan in audio(bought 3 es receivers-va555es,1200es,5200es and a sa ve835ed speaker sistem wich still have him)

what a shame!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

You might know what you're saying but I don't,  has any more info come your way? 

profile.country.RO.title
nicoman58
Explorer

no man ...they didn't contact or anything

they are horrible

very poor customer suport...(or they dont care...they are very materialistic and egocentric)

t

he other companies are light years ahead ......in customer suport department

and i have experience with alot of companies in the field--->harman/onkyo/denon&marantz and so on

THEY REALLY CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS

for example-i had an onkyo 727 and had the known problem with the hdmi board...they instantly replace my receiver in waranty time and the suport is far superior