Join now - be part of our community!

STR DN1060 AV Receiver - Google Cast Sound Field Issues

jojawha
Explorer

STR DN1060 AV Receiver - Google Cast Sound Field Issues

Hi,

Does anyone else have issues with choosing a Sound Field when using Google Cast. Player won't let me choose any mode other than A.F.D (if you click on any other mode it says NOT.USE on the receiver's display). There is no output to my Subwoofer either (this is only in Google Cast mode). With any other music source the receiver outputs low frequencies to my Subwoofer in A.F.D.

This has only been happening ever since the recent firmware update on 14.09.2016 (M29.R.0422)

104 REPLIES 104
jojawha
Explorer

Has anyone tried the new firmware (dated 14/12/2016) M29.R.0425 yet? Am I hoping too much think this may fix the subwoofer issue?

profile.country.GB.title
DFender666
Explorer

The 425 software does not help the subwofer casting issue.

in fact when casting to the str-dn1060 om it own, it previously (422) would let me change the sound field. 

But never in groups.

Recieved months of ridiculus support fron Sony support in Morway...

Bought a Chromecast audio, it has a toslink option so my digital OCD can rest pretty easy.

I am strongly considering going with another brand next time.

CHROMECAST (str-dn1060)

SRS-X77 times 2

jojawha
Explorer

Thanks for your reply DFender666. I agree, Sony support is painful and misleading, and they do not have a clue of what their products can/cannot do.

Further to finding out that the unit is consuming anywhere between 30W & 50W on standby (started using a power meter after getting a bigger than usual electricity bill), I have now given up on Sony, I am going back to trusted Denon.

profile.country.EE.title
Searching81
Explorer

I've never bought a Sony amp before and after this experience and seeing how poor their support is, I won't again. One of the major selling points on the 1060 for me was the built in casting support, so I'm pretty angry about the whole experience.

I've bought a standalone ChromeCast Audio and now have a working cast setup. It's frustrating that Sony has been completely unable to fix this (or even give a sensible answer) and that I've had to spend money and add cables to get something working that should have been fine out of the box, but at least it's sorted now.

profile.country.RO.title
nicoman58
Explorer

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE

IM FROM  ROMANIA...I HAVE A STR DN1060 FROM AMAZON

SAME *****....*****..

UPGRADE HIM TO LAST FIRMWARE AND NO SOUNDFIELD

ONLY TWO CHANEL..NO SUBWOOFER

SOUND AUTHFUL

IM VERY SORRY CAUSE I MMOVED FROM ONKYO TO SONY..VERY SORRY.!!!!!!!!!!!

.VERY BAD SUPORT...

profile.country.RO.title
nicoman58
Explorer

YOU HAVE TOO MUCH EGO....AND VERY MATERIALISTIC BRAND

ALMOUST ALL OTHER BRANDS

ONKYO DENON YAMAHA PIONEER 

OFER SUPORT for their oldest products....only SONY say....no sorry we cant help

example!!!!!! another issue with hdr passtrough

"you have to buy next model  dn1070 if you want 2.0a hdr for hdmi"

(THIS IS SOFTWARE PROBLEM TO STR DN1060...not hardware issue)

THEN NOW....I CANT USE SOUNDFIELD or subwoofer when wifi chromecast.......and is sound like [shhhhhiiit

Man!!!!!!! i was so stupid to move to Sony.Im so mad at me...

sorry for my bad english im from ROmania...

but i had enought with this piece of ***** equipment

I HAD Denon 2100xw then  AN ONKYO 727 WITH AUDISSEY...WORKED FLAWLESS (then i saw reviews that sony sound so good....and bought this piece of *garbage)

WHAT A MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***** ARE YOU DOING GUYS...

THE OTHER COMPANIES OFFER SUPPORT AND UPGRADE FOR OLD MODELS...TALKNIG ABOUT 2012,2013, MODELS.... ***** are you doing.....the ones from QA,it department...what solution ?????

buy next model...if you want that!

thieves!!!!!!

profile.country.RO.title
nicoman58
Explorer

sorry but i.m mad..i will not doing this mistake next time...done with you!!!

.....they dont have tehnical suport for customers

....they lie or just dont help....this is the SONY policy! materialistic.....

they dont give a [Edited by moderator] about customers,

jojawha
Explorer

Good riddance at last!!! Sold my Sony... Bought a Yamaha RX V681, very happy with it.

nicoman58, I totally agree with you, Sony are big LIARS and sneaky (changing release logs & manuals after you raise an issue with them and without adding a date to the change).

How are they running a business being so dishonest, I don't know!

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

I have this problem too and yeah it's pretty out of order that they expect us to listen to music with zero bass, you know the real kicker though?  Apparently they changed it because of issues with multi room on the 1060 or something,  well I have the 860, it doesn't even have the feature they changed it for,  it can't do multi room yet I still lose the ability to cast music properly,  absolutely ridiculous,  and they can suck eggs if they think I'm giving it to a service centre for a month just to roll back the software,  release the old software so we can roll it back ourselves for christ sake. 

profile.country.RO.title
nicoman58
Explorer

this is unbelievble guys....i dont know but this is hoax,scam. FROM sony 

i had enough of them...from 2005-2006 they are so UNRELIABLE and made some crap audio

they are so many people out there that read this messages,,,but they dont intervene,cause probably dont have time and dont want to make an acount ..etc and they have same issues like us....

and i believe thounsands of people dont buy their products no more because  of their ignorance...and materialism...

Thats why from 2007 moved to another great brands like DENON or ONKYO or PIONEER

WICH MADE GREAT PRODUCTS...with far better suport than SONY

let me tell you something 

in the past i was a SONY fan cause they were so f...ng good.with the sound

In the 90,and begining of 2000

(I/m an audiophile and i had so much products from them

a mhc nx3av in 2000 i still have him,then an MHC S7AV in 2002 sell him

Had 3 ES receivers and qs receivers.

one was va555es..wich was so beautiful made it then move to db2000qs and then to DA1200 es

one save835ed PASCAL 

THEY HAD SO MUCH QUALITY IN THEIR AUDIO PRODUCTS and sound very very good at that time....but from 2006--2007...beginning to do CRAP AUDIO,GARBAGE IN THE MID SECTOR

only ES were lets say....medium.mediocre..not r PREMIUM LIKE THEY SAID...

that is my opinion and i assume what i said...cause i know them very very well.

NOW returning to our days...GUYS from SONY .

if you want happy customers and if you want PAST glory....

really HELP PEOPLE! dont be only materialistic and egocentric brand.cause you loose alot of clients who were so comitted to you in the past

Now they moved to onkyo,yamaha,denon,and other brands because of your ignorance...wich are far more   better quality and suport then you guys.

..i have not left any message in the past 10 to 15 years  to sony community but i had enough