Join now - be part of our community!

System will not play mp3 format

profile.country.en_GB.title
davidinspain
Visitor

System will not play mp3 format

My CMT-SPZ50 Micro HiFi system will not play MP3 format tracks on disc. It cheerfully plays WMA audio downloaded from Amazon, but since they now only use MP3 format I cannot burn music to disc. The reader simply comes up with 'No Disc' after reading for about 30 secs. I have a mountain of CD's that I now cannot now play. There is nothing wrong with the discs or downloads, they all play on my car player! Anybody have any ideas please

3 REPLIES 3
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hello and welcome to the Sony forum.

Just checked and confirmed that this unit was never meant to play back MP3s, so we can rule out any sort of issue...phew!

However, we obviously need to get your music playing though it.  The easiest thing I can recommend is to convert your mp3s into regular Music CD's via windows media player.  It’s a bit of a faff I know, but it’s the format this hi-fi was designed to play.

Hope this helps

Lee

davidinspain
Visitor

Hi Lee

Thanks, HOWEVER,

The instructions with my system clearly say that MP3 is playable, and gives instructions regarding folders etc. The operating dials on the front of the system show MP3 and the display window has the MP3 folder as an option. I bought the system in Spain, do not know if this makes a difference, but in every other way the system is brillant especially the speaker system which I use for everything, including computer and TV.

David

davidinspain
Visitor

OK, my problem is now solved. Nothing to do with the HiFi, thank goodness. The snag was on my computer, the Auto Play dialogue box was not opening and had 'locked' onto data CD, this caused all sorts of snags including the need, occasionally, to power off the computer just to get the disc to eject. Often when it did there was nothing on it, despite all indications that the burn had completed properly.

Many thanks

David