Join now - be part of our community!

screen goes blank ramdomly on SONY STR-DH790 AVR connected to PC

screen goes blank ramdomly on SONY STR-DH790 AVR connected to PC

Hello everyone and A Happy New Year ! I just buyed this AVR Receiver , Sony STR-DH790 ,all fine so far except when I use it connected to PC has some problems as below:

First of all ,its connected to PC VIA hdmi port (from Nvidia RTX 4070TI GPU) on the AVR "Game" HDMI port, then to TV also via hdmi OUT to the  TV eARC HDMI port(both ports on receiver and TV are eARC compatible) 

Receiver its connected to PC in paralel with another monitor,an Dell Gaming monitor ,2k resolution and 165 hz refresh rate if it matters...

Problem it that at some point the PC freezes and the monitor screen shows some black screen (it remains powered on) and does not respond to any commands some many seconds...then its comes back to normal.

Also I see than the receiver when I start the PC its on 1080p resolution,then at some point its change the resolution to native 4k.

On the old 1080p AVR,an Pionner VSX-329-K,also connected to PC and TV via HDMI ,things worked just fine,no such problems happened before,things changed after connected this AVR.

When the problem happens the AVR remains powered on,also the stand-by function in set to off from the begining. 

Thanks,

Paul

0 REPLIES 0