Join now - be part of our community!

HT-X8500 random noise when using HDMI In

profile.country.GB.title
ksaro1

HT-X8500 random noise when using HDMI In

Ever since I connected my Sky Q box to HDMI In on my HT-X8500 sound bar I'll get intermittent loud static bursts once every few days that last 5-10 seconds. When I bypass the sound bar and connect the Sky Q to my TV then I no longer get these random bursts. This makes me conclude that there is some issue with the HDMI In port on the sound bar. Have others experienced similar issues and have they found a solution, other than bypassing the HDMI In?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Ksaro,

Did you try any other HDMI device apart from SKY Q?

profile.country.GB.title
ksaro1

@Bat_Rick  - No, I don't really have any other devices with HDMI connections to try, Also, I'm waiting on the newest update to the Sky Q boxes, which addresses some known audio issues, to see if this issue disappears. If not, I can re-connect the Sky Q box directly to the Bravia like I had before. But, I'd rather connect via the sound bar if possible.

profile.country.GB.title
ksaro1

I've now had the latest Sky Q software update and the issue with the loud noise still occurs. 

I also thought it could be due to the Sky Q box being connected to the HDMI In on the sound bar instead of being connected directly to the TV. However, I've now tried both connection methods and I've had the loud noise occur on both connections.

I'll make a note now of when this occurs if it is always when using the Sky Q box, or if I also get it when using any in-built Android TV streaming service.

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Fingers crossed, the problem is from the Sky Q box, you can ask Sky to replace it.

fatty360
New

I have been experiencing exactly the same issue for the past 2 years. When connected to the TV via Bluetooth I don't get the issue but when my Virginmedia box is connected to the soundbar and soundbar to TV via HDMI I get the same static noise. So I can get round the problem but when connected via Bluetooth the sync is a little off. Would like to know what causes the "static" noise though....

profile.country.GB.title
ksaro1

Yes, this is definitely Sky Q box related for me. We try and use the in-built apps on the TV as much as possible and we only ever get this random loud noise when using the Sky Q box. For us it is very infrequent, maybe once every fortnight. My next task is to now see if

this only occurs on a specific channel.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey fatty360 does the noise occur only when using this setup? Does it occur on apps or channels from the box only or the TV as well?