Join now - be part of our community!

HAP-Z1ES High-Resolution Audio HDD Player

profile.country.GB.title
newoott
New

HAP-Z1ES High-Resolution Audio HDD Player

I've had one of these amazing players for several years now......there is absolutely nothing like them anywhere in the marketplace.

Unfortunately a lightning strike in a thunderstorm took out the circuit boards and my Sony dealer tells me it is unfixable. However, I am really struggling to find anything that will do what this player does. 

The HAP-Z1ES no longer appears to be available anywhere except Japan where they are still a current product and available on www.sony.jp for a next day delivery (in Japan of course).

I am thinking about ordering one but I'm concerned as to whether it would work in the UK. I have used Sony hardware from USA before with a transformer and that worked fine, so power shouldn't be an issue. What I'm concerned about is whether the menus will be in Japanese or in English.

Does anyone have that information please?

And does anyone know of a vendor in Japan who will ship to the UK?

After all the hype that Sony gave this product I'm struggling to believe that they have abandoned Hi-Res Audio altogether. If they had another product in the pipeline I would put all this on hold until it's released.

Does anyone have any info in that regard?

Thanks

Neville

0 REPLIES 0