Join now - be part of our community!

Playmemories....or not

profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

Playmemories....or not

Hi all, Having bought an RX10 IV in October, i installed Playmemories. I am about to uninstall...probably reinstall again for thre 3rd time since then. I last did this yestaerday as the Trim edit was faulty, but now am having my original problem, which was PM loading all my phots/videos, but 'buffering' relentlessly every time I try to scroll through them. I am getting pretty frustrated with this...asume a Sony problem not my Mac. Any other similar recurrent isuues out there?

I may well have to go back to iMovie.

Regards

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Workshy1, 

Can you try downloading PlayMemories Home for Mac from here and let us know how you get on? 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

Hi, thanks for you're reply.

This download link looks the same as the ones I have used previously...perhaps that doesnt mean anything?

I have downloaded it onto a new 'user' login I setup on the Mac so there are no files at all until I inport some from my camera...one issue  was having was that all my photos & videos were ending up on the 'Pictures' heading but PM was unsable to scroll through them efficiently...in fact I never got to the end of my files as it just kept buffering....or at least the 'beachball' icon kept spinning and nothing happening for ages.

Anyway I will see how I get on now with new photos/videos and the edit functions.

Thanks

Mark

profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

Hi, I gave an earlier response in the 'community' area before importing.
I have imported some videos, which in this instance imported automatically
into 'Pictures' file, which is fine. I have managed to Trim a couple of
vidoes but without any degree of accuracy. Though at the end of the trim it
shows that the video is as I edited it, when saved and the edited file
appears on the 'Pictures' file, it either shows no trim or not enough. Not
by a couple of frames but seconds.
It took 2 tries to get any trim, and them a further couple before I gave
up.
I had this earlier this week which is when I reinstalled for the second
time.
(I am running OS X El Capitain.10 11 6.)
Thanks
Mark
profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

Hi, once again I cannot trim videos. Setting 'in point' and 'out point', then saving, but there is no change.

The trim was working fine a couple of weeks ago, but have re-installed a few times since.

??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

OK, Update, ...some videos trimed, but others not though no error given, but have just had 'error code-OK". This is the first time an error code has appeared.

profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

PM reloaded, though still the Trim not working consistently.

I am now using iMovie more though it seemed more complex, I am getting it, and so far it all works.

The problem with the multiple files in PM, causing me problems, was sorted though,,,pretty much. I could not see the files option...i.e. that I could filter which areas of the computer to import files from. However when there multiples it is still a nightmare to scroll...unlike other programmes on the MAC. (Photos/iMovie).

Mark