Join now - be part of our community!

Multiple questions about Experia E series Dual SIM

SOLVED
uws
Visitor

Multiple questions about Experia E series Dual SIM

I bought a Sony Experia E dual SIM on my visit to India (the price was right  :smileyhappy:) Not the latest or greatest. I have a couple of questions.

• I need to disable data on both the SIMs by default and use wifi where possible. Somehow, short of disabling the SIM, I cannot do this ? Slightly_frowning_Face I want the sim cards for only SMS, and outgoing and incoming calls.
  • I had an old 2GB microSDHC card in the one week I was in Mumbai, but now I am back and want to transfer /copy apps and data from 2GB mSDHC to a 32GB mSDHC, What is the most painless way to do it ? (BTW I am not a windows user, I am a mac user)
  • I have an old branded (locked) LG phone which has some carrier specific apps that I want moved over to my new unlocked Experia !

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexander1
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

You should be able to turn off the mobile data traffic for both SIM cards under settings > more > mobile networks > disable mobile data traffic. 

I would say that the easiest way to move the content is to connect your SD card to your computer. Transfer all the files to the computer and then connect the new SD card and transfer all data back to that SD card. If you can connect the both SD card at the same time you can transfer directly from the old SD card to the new one. 

When it comes to the apps you can simply download them from Google Play to your new phone. If the apps are not available at Google Play I suggest that you contact the network provider the old phone was locked to, to see if you can get the app another way. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alexander1
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

You should be able to turn off the mobile data traffic for both SIM cards under settings > more > mobile networks > disable mobile data traffic. 

I would say that the easiest way to move the content is to connect your SD card to your computer. Transfer all the files to the computer and then connect the new SD card and transfer all data back to that SD card. If you can connect the both SD card at the same time you can transfer directly from the old SD card to the new one. 

When it comes to the apps you can simply download them from Google Play to your new phone. If the apps are not available at Google Play I suggest that you contact the network provider the old phone was locked to, to see if you can get the app another way. 

uws
Visitor

Thanks for the prompt replay