Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot hard reset my E4

fhelp
Visitor

Cannot hard reset my E4

Hi guys,

I just spent about 4 hours trying to hard reset my Sony Xperia E4 (E2105).  I had this phone a couple of years ago and I just found it again and wanted to use it to run Kali Linux. Of course I had forgotten the unlocking pattern as well as the Google account I used. So I started trying different methods of resetting the phone to factory state. I tried all kinds of different combinations of my buttons (power + volume up/power + volume down/ power + both volume buttons) while my phone was off as well as on. I tried using Sonys Xperia Companion, my phone wasn't recognized although I pressed the volume down button whilst connecting it (I have no idea if MTP is activated, probably not). Same goes for Sony Flashtool. I even tried to use the *#*#XX...XX#*#* code thingy (don't remember the exact numbers) from the emergency call section.

So I literally tried every single solution I found on the internet, nothing worked. I am quite mad and my only hope is this forum... If you could tell me how I can reset it, please do you would literally make my day! 

0 REPLIES 0