Join now - be part of our community!

RX100V Image protect

profile.country.GB.title
gtarling
New

RX100V Image protect

Having recently bought an RX100V, I found I couldn't edit any of my images, as they're all protected.  I can remove the file protection with Windows file manager, but I can't find out how to turn it off in camera.  Could someone kindly point me to the camera menu setting?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @gtarling,

if I recall correctly, the file protection is there, since there is/was a configuration for windows, which prompts to format any connected flash-drive (as which the came´ra gets recognized by Windows).

This lead to many people loosing all their images and this lead to complaints.

You can edit the photos normally by taking the SD-card out and using an SD-card reader for your files.

Alternatively you can always import the images onto your computer and edit the images there. 

The Sony software "PlayMemories Home" also has an option to automatically delete images after successfull import to your computer, which I use to make space for new images/videos on my cameras SD card.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
gtarling
New

Hello Nic,

Thanks for replying.

I was transferring the pics to my PC by using the wifi link.  Doing what you suggested and using an SD card reader does now allow me to edit the pics.  It's a bit of a pain, but there's probably a good reason for it doing what it does.  I'm wondering if there might be a setting in Windows that allows me to turn it off.

Thanks again

Gordon