Join now - be part of our community!

Play Memories Home won't install

profile.country.en_GB.title
richard.fullerton
Explorer

Play Memories Home won't install

Prompted by Sony, I downloaded Play Memories Home to replace my Play Memories Browser software. And it won't install correctly! So I have nothing now. The version of the software is 7.0.03.04240. Also, I have two Sony Cameras - a Cyber-Shot DSC-W200 and a mini DV handycam DCR-TRV33E. Does PMH work for both (when it works?).

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

There is no problem between DSC-W200 and Play Memories Home. You can see how to install (or update from PMB) it, with all “useful notes”: Don’t forget that in order to install this software, it could be asked, to connect a Sony device via USB!!! ----- http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DSC-W200/downloads/pm_home ------- Now for the mini DV handycam DCR-TRV33E is more “complicate”. Take a look in this thread (Drivers are compatible, but no streaming via USB and no “capture” with PMH. You have to use alternative software in order to capture via i.Link (fire wire,IEEE1394)) And see all posts here:----- http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Camcorders/Can-t-download-video-from-DCR-TRV33E-camcorder/m-p/1248914...
Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
Cyghost
Explorer

I would also mention here, that you should check the Requirements for the PMH. I don't doubt that you did not, but some people forget that.

This software can be only installed on Windows 7, 8 and Vista for Windows OS.

Cheers,
David

robbo5662
Explorer

and it still will not work

thanks for trying

mymisty
Explorer

The surprising thing is that when you try to install playmemories home using Internet Explorer, it will go nearly to the end of the long tiresome  download and  at the last hurdle refuse to load. I tried for days, and  eventually in desperation I decided to try downloading it using Google browser !!!   and it went straight in, fact is it will not ever download if you are using Internet explorer switch to google and  it will be just as slow but it will finally complete. what a relief it was.

mymisty
Explorer

Sometimes people go for the over complicated solutions first , when the majority of the failed downloads are because people are using Internet explorer for the download, IE isn't compatible for some reason it just isn't, fact is using Internet Explore !! it will never download Playmemories Home completely!!! It fails everytime at the very last last hurdle !!, switch to Google and watch it download hassle free it works. Always use google for less problems when downloading. Bye. so....... USE GOOGLE TO DOWN LOAD ""PLAYMEMORIES HOME"". that is the  easy solution.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi mymisty

I'm not sure the original poster from 2013 will still be watching this thread.:smileywink:

Its not guaranteed that Internet Explorer is currently a problem as I have just checked and was able to download and install PlayMemories fine on my pc using Internet Explorer. (I usually use firefox as my browser)

If anyone else is still having trouble installing then please post and let us know.

Cheers

410Miller
New

Play Memeories worked until I installed Windows 10.  Have not been able to insatll a newer version of Play Memories.  Don't know what to do now?

Help