Join now - be part of our community!

Motherboard problem of Xperia C5 Ultra

Mayuresh21
Visitor

Motherboard problem of Xperia C5 Ultra

I have Xperia C5 ultra. I used it for 15 months and it got prolem with its motherboard. I visited to Service center and they gave me estimate for about 8500 Rs. I didnt repair my pone and purchased new one. Now I want to repair my phone but got information that its genuine part is not available and service center will replace it with any of old motherboard. Please confirm from where I can get genuine motherboard so that problem will not exist again.

17 REPLIES 17
Kay6
Visitor

hi,

i too had the same problem and sony authorised service center asked 7800 Rs/- to replace the mother board.

but i am gonna try reparing this myself. please check this may video it may help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAEuAYbcLxw&index=3&list=PLfdJF4Jhembb0f721O9G7nSbODbw5Y4li&t=0s

DVAWHEKKJ
Visitor

CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH  SITE DID U GOT THAT MOTHER BOARD

OF SONY XPERIA C5 ULTRA

profile.country.LT.title
EUPHORIC2017
New

I have Xperia C5 Ultra Dual since 2016 March. There is no any problem with battery (i mean situation which a lot of here wrote that after 2 years darning % very fast for example from 100 to 0 per some minutes and ect). I check in *#*#7378423#*#* test my battery is good. Draining a little bit more after update to Marshmallow, but fast drain in some minutes as most here writing there is no till this day when i writing), motherboad is working fine, there is no any mentioned problems. I think most problem coming with root which most of you i'm sure doing. So maybe it's not time to claim if you using yours smartphone not by rules which Sony have or any others manufactor. I want to root my smartphone too, coz warranty is end, i want to delete unused pre-installed apps which i can't remove without root, but that's all. I don't understand why need to unlock boatloader and flash 3rd party software from XDA Developers which is not Sony official software and have a lot of bugs and problems. I don't understand why at all need to modify software at all. But this is only my opinion and if someone will not rooted smartphone and have problem with battery or motherboad and others i did not wrote to you, i just writing about users which don't using smartphone how they must to use Slightly_smiling_Face

@DVAWHEKKJ wrote:

CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH  SITE DID U GOT THAT MOTHER BOARD

OF SONY XPERIA C5 ULTRA

I don't recommend you to change motherboad without professionals, i saw i  youtube how professionals or people which know what they doing dismantled C5 Ultra, believe me you can damage yours smartphone  much more, unless you are professional, but i'm not sure, coz professionals know how to change motherboard Slightly_smiling_Face

Alias1159
Visitor

Please send motherboard of sony expira c5 ultra dual 

profile.country.LT.title
EUPHORIC2017
New

@Alias1159 wrote:

Please send motherboard of sony expira c5 ultra dual 

Are you kidding? The only way is got to authorized mobile service and replace it with professionals Slightly_smiling_Face

bkouts
Visitor

Same case also for me after the 24th months the motherboard is not functioning and that is unacceptable for a technology product !

The new one cost 189.00 euro and in teh same price i can buy a new more advance phone.

@ Sony : are you aware of the market and the prices as that kind of attitude drives us away from your devices !!!!!

salash8899
Visitor

I have purchased Sony Xperia C5 before 3 1/2 Years. It was really good in it's working. But from last 10-12 days My Sony Xperia C5 is automatically switched off it is not switching on from last 4-5 days. When I went to Sony Service Centre They told me that it is a Motherboard problem. But They told that they will replace my Motherboard with old Motherboard but I want new one. So plz tell me where I can get new motherboard?? Plz answer me.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@salash8899 

This is a global user based forum you have to contact Sony directly >>> Local Support