Join now - be part of our community!

XBR55X805E + Yamaha Receiver. MAYOR ISSUE after update. No sound from apps, just Tv sounds.

profile.country.US.title
ofesad
Explorer

XBR55X805E + Yamaha Receiver. MAYOR ISSUE after update. No sound from apps, just Tv sounds.

Ofesad here from Argentina.

My TV is a Sony XBR-55X805E (55", HDR, 4K) connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RX-V673 receiver.

I have this setup from over a year and it worked like a charm, until past Wednesday 13th, when it got the update to Android 8.0

The issue is that when turned on it wont output audio (it's not muted, I checked) from the Apps (Youtube, Netflix). HOWEVER it plays the audio/sounds of the Tv Menus.

Just to be clear: the audio outputs from the Yamaha Receiver speakers, so it's not a connection issue with the HDMI.

BUT, if I turn the tv off and on, it starts to WORKS PERFECTLY! (no hard reset).

The weird thing is that if I turn it off and come back around a hour, the issue occurs again.

Yes, I CALLED SONY, they ask me to do a factory reset and then call again.

Did the reset.

Same results.

On the internet recommend to go into Settings --> Apps and erase the Cache and Data of Input devices, did that, it didn't solve it.

Any one had simmilar issues and solve it somehow?

Thank you all for reading.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Ofesad,

If you're still having these issues it would be best to get in touch with your local Sony support team here for further assistance.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

It is a known problem and for which already an ongoing investigation.

Manolo