Join now - be part of our community!

What other TV would you buy instead in the 1000 euro budget?

alinux33
Explorer

What other TV would you buy instead in the 1000 euro budget?

If you were to choose another TV in the 1000 euros budget, what would be your choices now? 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A 4K Sony TV :grin:

alinux33
Explorer

:slight_smile: Thanks for the answer, yeah I would like to have the budget for a good 4K Sony tv, apologies for not providing any other details in regards the required tech specs that I would like.

Short story, I had for two weeks a Sony KDL-55W808c, 55inch, 1000hz tv which I have returned it back to the store due to remote control not responsive issues, brightness variations when OSD menu was active and lip sync issues.

However,  since then I am trying to find a tv with similar specs: good motionflow, dynamic range of image and brightness, but I am pretty much dissapointed of the offer. 

Samsung 4k tv are having bad judder issues on this price range, LGs looks to have bad details and dynamic range, Panasonics are too expensive... This is the offer we have here on east Europe. 

I got the Sony KDL-55W808c here for 988 USD. 

Since I have returned the TV, there were two more updates on the firmware -hopefully some of the issues have been fixed... would be a craziness to get the same tv again? :slight_smile:

thanks!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

First thing you have to be sure that whichever problem you had with the TV was a real problem... The brightness variations i.e. seems really related to the Advanced Contrast Ehnancer being set on, you could have easily switched it off (the black of the TV panel is really good by itself without any software enhancement...)

alinux33
Explorer

I might be missing to turn off some of the adaptive image features, but I think I have done that too, for sure ambient light sensor was turned off, but I might leave on the Advanced Contrast Ehnancer or chage it only to low.

As I have seen, the brightness issue was noticeable on the dark scenes and also when the OSD menu was not active - the brightness variation was about 2-3% for 1-200ms

I have done a side by side comparison between 55W808C and KD-55X8005c (4K low end, 50 hz panel, 200hz motionflow ) and it looked that the 4k panel was too dim compared with the 808C. The motion of the 808c its much more fluid. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I agree with you: I'd prefer a good FHD to an entry level 4K. The effect you describe is exactly the ACE side effect that cannot work well if there is some spot too luminous in a dark background (and so turn on and off the retro)