Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to record using a USB HDD

profile.country.GB.title
suenyd
Explorer

Unable to record using a USB HDD

HI I have a new Sony Bravia Android TV KD49XH919 6BU.   I have a freesat box which used to record but has stopped working .  I’ve bought a Seagate 1TB USB HDD hard drive to record.  Still using freesat to obtain programmes.  The external drive has been recognised by the tv but I am not able to record.  It’s still trying to record to freesat box which obviously doesn’t work.  How do I overcome this.  Any help greatly appreciated. 

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
suenyd
Explorer

Thank you responding.  I’ll have to  rethink how to set up recording. Or not bother.  

profile.country.GB.title
suenyd
Explorer

Thank you for trying to help. When time permits I’ll give it another go.  

If it doesn’t work I’ll have to look at other options. 

merry Christmas. 

profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

Hi Suenyd

Sorry you are having recording hassles. In the hope of helping avoid you experiencing the same waste of time and frustration I offer the following. We bought a twin tuner Bravia for its recording ability (record one tuner, watch the other) because our Youview box was on its last legs. Although we have managed to record to an external HDD it has been completely frustrating (recordings fail or record then disappear, the timer doesn’t always get the full recording, when recording there is no possibility of watching an app on the other tuner (only live tv). We have decided that we made a huge mistake choosing this TV. When we can afford to we will buy another set top box like a Humax.