Join now - be part of our community!

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

Anyone have any HDMI sync problems? Have a 65” XH90 connected to a BT UHD box. All was fine.

However the last week sound (only use TV speakers) now crackles/distorts, and goes out of sync.

Switching inputs, switching TV off/on, gets it back in sync. This happens for recorded programs and live TV via the BT box.

However using the TV apps, Prime, Netflix etc everything is ok.

So tried a new HDMI lead, and different HDMI port and the same result.

So I presumed it was the BT box, however just received a new BT box and it’s the same....

So is the TV broke? Why are apps ok, only the HDMI sockets broke?

Anyone anymore help please
Thanks

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.IE.title
Josehickey

If you have tunein installed on the TV uninstall it and power the TV off for a while, seems to have resolved the issue for a lot of us

profile.country.GB.title
msanm62

I have uninstalled TuneIn as the others on the forum have suggested and so far all seems ok no sound issues here's keeping fingers crossed

Flender7
Explorer

I have this exact same problem, using HDMI input for PS4 and TV speakers the sound is very laggy and out of sync. It only started after the HDMI 2.1 update. I've only had the TV one day so I might return it for a refund if Sony don't fix this issue pronto. 

profile.country.GB.title
Beaveros

Maybe try to read this thread. Is there a solution:

UNNINSTAL TUNEIN FROM APPS IN YOUR TV!

Now maybe people will see. Can Any1 mark as solution?

profile.country.GB.title
msanm62

Thank you for providing a solution such a shame Sony have not been as helpful on the forum

Buggane55
New

Similar issue with a KD49XH9505. Doesn't do it all the time but when it does not only are HDMI input items such as Sky TV and blue ray player giving the sync and distortion problems, but also watching terrestrial TV the sound is distorted, though no sync issues there. Hoping and praying the suggested deletion of the tunein app works as I have given my local supplier my notice of intention to return it for a full refund within 30 days. To give them their due they did immediately replace my original TV with another but the problem persisted on both. Using only TV speakers but the distortion also carried over to blue tooth headphones.

profile.country.IE.title
Josehickey

I uninstalled tunein at around midnight last night, have had no issues since then, tv has been on most of the day, 

profile.country.GB.title
Tidypete

Quick update. 

Having uninstalled tunein this morning my XH90 has been fine all day, no audio issues whatsoever, this was a very unexpected and random fix to this very annoying issue, fingers crossed this is the end of it all, I can't thank the guy who suggested this fix enough! Hopefully we can all enjoy our TVs now! 

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

How’s everyone’s TV since Tune In uninstall? Mines ok since for nearly 2 days off and on now?

profile.country.IE.title
Josehickey

All good, this is my third day without any issues, amazing an app can cause so much trouble