Join now - be part of our community!

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

Anyone have any HDMI sync problems? Have a 65” XH90 connected to a BT UHD box. All was fine.

However the last week sound (only use TV speakers) now crackles/distorts, and goes out of sync.

Switching inputs, switching TV off/on, gets it back in sync. This happens for recorded programs and live TV via the BT box.

However using the TV apps, Prime, Netflix etc everything is ok.

So tried a new HDMI lead, and different HDMI port and the same result.

So I presumed it was the BT box, however just received a new BT box and it’s the same....

So is the TV broke? Why are apps ok, only the HDMI sockets broke?

Anyone anymore help please
Thanks

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.GB.title
mattcaney
Explorer

So far so good, have a flickering line across the screen after, just a very small line, but done a reset and all seems to be ok ..... so far. Thank you. Just hoping that the proper update is sorted soon. As am hoping to use my PS4 with proper sound. Missed out on the ps5 preorders but thats what I bought the tv for. Thank you for your help

profile.country.GB.title
mattcaney
Explorer

What is the update number for the 2.1 update. Mine say 0384. 

profile.country.GB.title
Tidypete

So I just had this email from Sony support.. 

Dear Mr. 

Thank you for contacting sony support, please be advised if you have Tune-in application uninstall it.

Home - Settings - Apps- Tune-in- Uninstall

Best regards,

Amr

SONY SUPPORT TEAM

A bit behind the fix given on here! Lol

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Good they have finally caught up..

Really not been impressed with Sony support 

They asked me to give them a review on twitter earlier today 🤣

profile.country.NL.title
a3deroo
Explorer

Found that out myself.... Just posted about this.... Was driving me mad, thought my brand new TV was already broken 🤔

profile.country.GB.title
Tidypete

It's hard to believe an app can cause all these issues, people sending TVs back thinking they're faulty, I'm just happy this easy fix was discovered! Madness. 

profile.country.IE.title
Josehickey

Hi Everyone, it's been over a week since I uninstalled Tunein and no sync issues, although the TV has turned itself off and restarted twice since then, has anyone been having any issue with this?, thanks-Joe. 

profile.country.IE.title
TW1234
Explorer

Hi, same here.  Also, some times like there's a little glitch this screen freezes for a second whilst watching.  

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

I had that a couple of times on my third xh90. Also the TV re booted , like I had held the on\off button down for a few seconds.

So far my 4th xh90 is behaving itself, obviously no TuneIn radio app, or any other radio apps installed.

I did say after the third TV that I had lost it with Sony and wouldn't buy another. After looking at Samsung and lg and a couple of others I went for the Sony again.

profile.country.IE.title
TW1234
Explorer

Our TV is still turning off by itself (once or twice a day maybe) and also the sound bar just came on by itself the other night even though the TV was on standby - we only have it 13 days so considering bringing it back for a Samsung if these bugs aren't sorted by Sony soon.