Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Android TV 49ex8396 - 2017- No connection to router after standby...

profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

Sony Android TV 49ex8396 - 2017- No connection to router after standby...

I know this has been talked about in the forum but I can't work out the sequence of WHY doing the same function each evening ( switch off to standby ) the next morning the Wired Internet connection is not connected. Any other device Wired to the router is fine so clearly it is some weird situation with the TV.
This does not happen every time and can be OK for days and then next morning, can't connect. Have tried the Soft reboot from the remote but if I disconnect the PSU for a few minutes and then re-connect and turn on the TV the network is connected again..The same happens if I try wireless...

Surely after all these posts about Network issues SONY would at least acknowledge there is a problem and they are investigating.
It cannot be that difficult to solve this issue for one of the World most prodigious Brands

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @jbthemanforme

If the connection is down only intermittently it sounds more likely to be a router issue. I've not seen reports of similar behaviour on the forum, which might suggest a common problem with the TV. 

Have you checked this out with your provider to see if they have had similar reports? 

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Redboxfile

My android Sony TV takes about a minute to "connect". I love my Sony TV but wish the operating system wasn't android. It's so laggy! call me old fashioned by when I press a button on a tv I expect something to happen reasonably quickly.

profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

Hi Mick

This was also happening when I was using BT HH5 and when there was an option to get BT HH6 I changed it.
There does not seem to be a particular pattern.
If the TV is in standby overnight, the next morning before turning it on I PING the IP to see if I get a response.
Sometimes I get a reply and sometimes not.. If NOT I then turn on the TV and go to the Network settings and it shows disconnected. If I shut down and pull the power supply…wait  about 20 second and restart it, it finds the network ( I am using wired network and I have tried Static and DHCP )

I have since found out that sometimes if I don’t get a ping reply and I just turn on the TV from Standby, after several minutes I try the Voice button and it seems to have decided to connect to the network.
I am not sure what the correct behaviour should be with these Android TVs, but for the price it seems to be unresonable  😞