Join now - be part of our community!

Replace Sony UI for Live-TV with Live Channels app

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

Replace Sony UI for Live-TV with Live Channels app

Installed Googles Live Channels app to use for Live TV. It's working fine except for when entering numbers on the remote or hitting the guide button, the Sony starts it's own laggy TV interface again. Anyone that have managed to completely hide the Sonys slow TV interface? 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi vispen74,

Welcome to the community. 

Which model TV do you have? 

Thanks, 

Pascale

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Google's Live Channels is a generic Android TV app with the typical D-pad based navigation. Don't expect this app to work well on Sony as Sony lacks full Android TV Input Framework support. Things that do not work:

- EPG

- PVR

- Timeshifting

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

@Pascale_F wrote:

Hi vispen74,

Welcome to the community. 

Which model TV do you have? 

Thanks, 

Pascale

Thanks! 
My TV modell is Kd-65xd8505. 

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

Google's Live Channels is a generic Android TV app with the typical D-pad based navigation. Don't expect this app to work well on Sony as Sony lacks full Android TV Input Framework support. Things that do not work:

- EPG

- PVR

- Timeshifting

Thanks for answering! Since I use the app together with Tvheadend, all three of theese things works well.

It's to bad that Sony doesn't provide a complete Android-TV experience, or at least the ability to choose for those who wants to. 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@vispen74  schrieb:
Thanks for answering! Since I use the app together with Tvheadend, all three of theese things works well.

I would use Kodi then. Much more powerful, no? I do so together with the DVBViewer Client. Latest Leia nightlies also make use of numeric keys.

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

I would use Kodi then. Much more powerful, no? I do so together with the DVBViewer Client. Latest Leia nightlies also make use of numeric keys.

Yes, normally I'm using Kodi Leia which works great in every way. Why I would like to use Live Channels is because Kodi takes so long to start up on this verry slow TV.