Join now - be part of our community!

No event informationKD49X8305C

SOLVED
Spartan19
New

No event informationKD49X8305C

Hi guys, i have recently bought a KD49X8305C Sony Bravia. Operating system seems a little slow. Trying to organise the channels is a nightmare. I press down once or twice, it skips four or five times. The BIGGEST issue is with the TV guide, that is THE biggest waste of time. No event informtion unless you click on each and every channel. But once the TV is turned off overnight, the next day the information has reverted back to "no event information". We have no additional boxes, and yes, you view, when it arrives, will more than likely solve this issue. My TV is connected to a sky dish, so free sat, and is always connected to the internet. I have spoken to Sony regarding this, and a reset from a customer service advisor who was quite clearly reading from a troubleshooting guide did nothing. As this did not work, it has now been escalated to another department who will contacgt me within 48 hours. That was last friday ...... still waiting. 

Does anyone have any solutions at all regarding the TV guide. Has any one else experienced problems with the operating system being a little un-responsive ? I have made the move from a samsung to Sony, and from an Xbox to A PS4 and now wondering whether i made the right choice ! Any advice regarding the guide issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
malcolm1962

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi there

Unfortunately this is not a FreeSat TV.  Is is Freeview ONLY.  FreeSat is the branding behind the EPG for satellite TV and hence only a bare minimum of information is shown.

Cheers

Actually, to be factually correct "Freesat" and not "FreeSat" is the EPG branding that you refer to; the latter being the Sky version for free satellite channels. Sony Bravia TVs came with the Freesat EPG several years ago, but no longer which is really disappointing.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
malcolm1962

@Spartan19 wrote:

Hi guys, i have recently bought a KD49X8305C Sony Bravia. Operating system seems a little slow. Trying to organise the channels is a nightmare. I press down once or twice, it skips four or five times. The BIGGEST issue is with the TV guide, that is THE biggest waste of time. No event informtion unless you click on each and every channel. But once the TV is turned off overnight, the next day the information has reverted back to "no event information". We have no additional boxes, and yes, you view, when it arrives, will more than likely solve this issue. My TV is connected to a sky dish, so free sat, and is always connected to the internet. I have spoken to Sony regarding this, and a reset from a customer service advisor who was quite clearly reading from a troubleshooting guide did nothing. As this did not work, it has now been escalated to another department who will contacgt me within 48 hours. That was last friday ...... still waiting. 

Does anyone have any solutions at all regarding the TV guide. Has any one else experienced problems with the operating system being a little un-responsive ? I have made the move from a samsung to Sony, and from an Xbox to A PS4 and now wondering whether i made the right choice ! Any advice regarding the guide issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

It sounds like you are describing the satellite programme guide, which is simply how it is I'm afraid. Sony has decided not to pay for the Freesat license to we are stuck with this pile of carp. YouView will only be available as the digital terrestrial guide, not the satellite one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately this is not a FreeSat TV.  Is is Freeview ONLY.  FreeSat is the branding behind the EPG for satellite TV and hence only a bare minimum of information is shown.

Cheers

malcolm1962

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi there

Cheers

Actually, to be factually correct "Freesat" and not "FreeSat" is the EPG branding that you refer to; the latter being the Sky version for free satellite channels. Sony Bravia TVs came with the Freesat EPG several years ago, but no longer which is really disappointing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are quite correct @malcolm1962. - My typo's and answer wasnt the best this time (I got distracted)  :thumbsup:

fxfxfxfxfx

Ok, so this looks pretty similar to question I asked here which I've not had a response to yet...

Are we basically saying that unless I plug the TV into an aerial and not just the satellite I won't get a TV Guide? If this is the case that's pretty appalling... My Samsung is just plugged into the satellite and manages to populate a TV Guide.

My biggest frustration with this TV is not the issues so much as the lack of support, clarity and general confusion as to what it's meant to do when everything is fixed.

fxfxfxfxfx

Having now linked the TV up to a Digital Aerial I've been able to tune to Freeview Digital channels. The TV guide works fine on this, however when I swap back to the Satellite, I still have the same No Event Information issue...

Is there any way to access/update the guide information that I'm missing? This seems crazy, it's capable of showing basic event information on channels I've tuned to and I don't see why Sony not having a Freesat "license" or whatever would make any difference on this. It appears to be more of a software issue that it's not populating the other channels events. 

I dont think it's acceptable to have to swap TV tuners to view the guide and then swap back to Satellite to select the channel, I'd just like so see what programme is on what channel, a full synopsis of the event is not important right now!

Davie-K
Explorer

Hi

I have exactly the same problem with the satellite TV Guide. BBC and ITV work fine but the rest of the channels will only update the guide once you have switched to the channel. Telling you what you are watching is not very helpful as I already know what I am watching.

I dont see any reason why the satellite guide cannot be as good as the standard TV guide.

fxfxfxfxfx

Don't update to the new software... You'll lose all satellite channels and the abillity to retune them.

I'd contact Sony support, but since they've been useless so far and only work a few hours a day I'm not sure they can help...

I have the same problem and from what i have read in the forum Sony are not being helpful in resolving this issue. This is typical of lots of companies now where they have sold you the item but are not prepared to help resolve issues.