Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W755CBAE White light turns on sometimes

profile.country.DK.title
MortenTheSonyUser
Explorer

KDL-43W755CBAE White light turns on sometimes

Hi,

My new Sony Smart TV sometimes turns on the white light under the front of the screen. It has happened 3-4 times in the last 4 months. One time, I didn't touth the TV and 10 minutes later it still had the white light on and the screen was off all the time. Some hours later, the white light was off and the TV worked without any problems.

The other times, I turned the TV on via the remote while the white light was on. I could see the movie, but then it didn't react on any of the buttons on the remote. And the buttons on the back of the TV didn't work either. I couldn't get it to work unless I removed the power cable. After connecting that again, everything worked fine.

Is there an error on my TV or is this just because it is updating Android and/or apps?

Hope you can help 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Conditions of White Centre Light

• TV On = White Centre Light On
  • TV Off = White Centre Light Off
  • TV Off and White Centre Light On (Blinking) = Software Updating

In regards to the other issue of the 'frozen' TV, this sounds like the following issue - which has already been reported:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2187803#M44644

Cheers

profile.country.DK.title
MortenTheSonyUser
Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I can see from your link, that other people have reported the 'frozen' TV. It sounds like my problem, so I must wait for an update.

With regards to the white centre light, I must assume that this is connected to the other problem in some way.

The TV is off and the white centre light is on. But NOT blinking (unless it is a very slow blinking. I saw the light on for at least 3 seconds).

I think, I just wait and see if there is coming an update.

Morten

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im still curious on why that white centre light is on sometimes.  Can you try something?  Goto the Network settings and turn off 'remote start'

Cheers

profile.country.DK.title
MortenTheSonyUser
Explorer

Hi,

The 'remote start' option is already off. I don't remember to have changed this option at all. I may have set it to 'off' when I installed the TV in March 2016, but since then I haven't changed anything.

Morten

profile.country.DK.title
MortenTheSonyUser
Explorer

In the last months this has NOT been a problem. I guess that the error was fixed by the automatic software update from Sony.