Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XE8096

SOLVED
profile.country.SK.title
PeterBalogh
Explorer

KD-55XE8096

Hi,

i bought a KD-55XE8096 Android smart TV a few months ago. i rarely wathced the tv, to be honest i have never seen a film on it only sport events on weekends. i wanted to switch it on a couple of weeks ago and it did not turn on. Changed the battery in the remote, still no response. I tried and i tried and i tried when suddenly it did turn on but it was not responsive to anything at all. since this happened, i am unable to use the tv and it looks like it was wasting money and nothing else. i am thinking to return it back to the store for a full refund as Sony Smart tv looks like one of the worst investments. 

If you have any ideas what to do and how to do to get the tv fully back to life, please let me know.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

It might be best performing a reset or a Factory Data Reset on the TV which should resolve this issue for you. You can find more details on how to do this here.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

It might be best performing a reset or a Factory Data Reset on the TV which should resolve this issue for you. You can find more details on how to do this here.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc