Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8505C only discovers a fraction of available WiFi networks

SOLVED

KD-55X8505C only discovers a fraction of available WiFi networks

My new KD-55X8505C will only discover a fraction of the WiFi networks that I know are available on my location. And the selection seems to change over time.

Most importantly it the TV is unable to discover the my networks (except for the one I set up with WiFi tethering on my phone). My router and even the WiFi range extender I tried, has never showed up in the list, even though they are in very close proximity to the TV.

Is the TV incompatible with a lot of routers? Do I have to change a setting on the router for it to work? What is going on?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
denyabit
Explorer

Try to chage channel of wirelles some from this range 3-10.

I changed from channel 16 to 6, and problem resolved.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.RO.title
denyabit
Explorer

Try to chage channel of wirelles some from this range 3-10.

I changed from channel 16 to 6, and problem resolved.

Thanks a lot man! That did the trick.

I have the same problem and the answer sounds brilliant, just unclear to me whether this range setting change is on the TV or the PC/Router? Please confirm! (I know it's a silly question for you experts!) Many thanks for the great forum support.

(....... and yes, I'm another of these unwitting Sony Android guinea pigs who already parted with a lot of money only to get half the features (such as Recording) promised by the Sony blurb and ads - I live and learn and certainly won't do the same again without looking at the forums first!)

All sorted in the meantime on the wireless router - an easy and super fix - many thanks for the help  - you've just made my day. (Now only the recording functionality to sort once Sony decide to deliver.......)

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You have to change the setting in your router that is the source of the signal.

profile.country.RO.title
denyabit
Explorer

Chage the range in the router

profile.country.DK.title
JohnnyDK
New

Hi,

I had the same issue and tried a lot of things (based on other online ideas from various fora):

• Search/scan didn't find my wifi/network
  • Manual input didn't help
  • Starting with cabel connection first didn't help
  • Resetting the TV and the router didn't help

BUT after reading this thread I tried to change channels on my router from channel 12 to channel 5 (i.e. within the range of 3-10). And it solved the problem.

Thanks a lot @denyabit - much appreciated!