Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55S8505C won't work with Sky 3D on demand

SOLVED
Sstanham
Explorer

KD-55S8505C won't work with Sky 3D on demand

just installed the TV and everything works perfectly except it just won't let me watch a 3D movie from Sky on demand. The Xbox plays the 3D movies we got for Christmas but the sky+hd will only display the 3D movies in split screen format. I've looked through the possible fixes I don't have a 3D button on the remote, I can't see anywhere that shows "side by side" setting, etc. But this new TV doesn't seem to have these options? I've gone to 3D settings to try and configure manually, but the 3D display settings  is turned "off" and I can't switch it on as it says the feature is is not available. When playing 3D movie from the Xbox the 3D display option does turn "on" ultimate ally. Could someone please help and let me know what I can possibly do to make the Sky 3D movies work as my kids have had enough of watching Minions over and over again on BlueRay. 

Many thanks for anyone's help.

simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You will need to manually turn on the 3D - just press the 'Action Menu' button on the remote control when viewing 3D and the 3D options will then appear.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You will need to manually turn on the 3D - just press the 'Action Menu' button on the remote control when viewing 3D and the 3D options will then appear.

Cheers

Sstanham
Explorer

Thank-you, you are a star.... I've had to connect the sky box directly through to the TV and not through the Sony STR-DN1060 AV receiver. I don't know why but it tells me that the 3D picture option is unavailable when I go through the AV receiver, do you have any ideas?

but, At least the children are now very very happy. Thanks again for you help.