Join now - be part of our community!

Issues with BRAVIA KD49X8309C

profile.country.GB.title
Bonnevillet140
Explorer

Issues with BRAVIA KD49X8309C

Can anyone please help with the following issues I have with KD49X8309X.

Internet Browser doesn' t appear to support Flash Player is this correct and are there plans to make it available? (When purchasing the TV I was assured that the internet browser was a full working browser the same as the Samsung UE40H6400 that I also have.)

The Google Play Store on the TV doesn't give all the APPs that are available  on the Google Play Store on the internet is this correct? (Unable to find Eurosport App as an example.)

On start up unable to change channel until Frreview has fully loaded which can take up to minute is this being looked at by Sony?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi @Bonnevillet140,

Flash now "is dead", more of new browsers don't support Flash anymore, also Opera and Chrome.

Google Play Store is for Android TV not Android (it's different). If you want install Android Apps on Android TV you can use the installing packets (apk), if you can find it (however, the Apps is basically for an mbile device, vertical and with touch).

For a start "issue", the firmware is the last one?

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
Bonnevillet140
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

The internet issue is that website opens however when you try to stream video error message comes up "Unable to load the plugin" is there any way of changing the setting? I don't have a problem in streaming the video from the same site on the Samsung UE40H6400.

Software version is PKG2.645.0052EUB.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Bonnevillet140
Explorer

Hi Manolo,

Forgot to ask where do look to find the installing packets (apk) in the Google Play Store on the TV?

Thanks

Ian

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Of course, for play Flash is necessary a Plugin, any Plugin is not installable on the web browsers.

Manolo

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a couple a browsers available on the normal Google Store that you could try to sideload instead using TV Sideload Launcher.  You have Dolphin Browser and FlashFox.  Ive not tested this yet, but its worth ago.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

apk is in yours mobile divices, you can cach with an apposite App for Apps Backup.

TV side, is necessary to enable the Unknown sources:

Settings > Security & Restrictions > Unknown sources
Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store
Inside this category: On, Off

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Thanks @Anonymous :wink:.

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@Bonnevillet140,

you can install Apps from yours Google Play on PC's browser, select Apps and install on selected devices (in this case Android TV).

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
Bonnevillet140
Explorer

Hi Manolo

I shall check out tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks for the help and advise.

Regards

Ian