Join now - be part of our community!

HDR and HDMI Specification on my KD49X8005CBU TV

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

HDR and HDMI Specification on my KD49X8005CBU TV

Hi,

i recently purchased a Sony 4K TV Model KD49X8005CBU. I also updated it to the new firmware. I am interested in HDR. Sony support confirmed the latest firmware update included HDR support.

I believe that HDR transfer requires the HDMI specification 2.0a.

Does anyone know if my TV has HDMI 2.0a ports?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

HDR as you have said has already been enabled on a previous FW update.  As far as im aware, HDMI 2.0a will be added at the next FW update in Feb.  Currently there are no devices on the market to take advantage of HDMI 2.0a, but devices are expected in 2016 in the form of 4K bluray players.

Cheers

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

HDR as you have said has already been enabled on a previous FW update.  As far as im aware, HDMI 2.0a will be added at the next FW update in Feb.  Currently there are no devices on the market to take advantage of HDMI 2.0a, but devices are expected in 2016 in the form of 4K bluray players.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Hi Quinnicus,

that's great news.

How do we know what's included in a firmware update? I don't recall any information when I last updated the firmware. So it was a blind update for me?

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

hanks for your help

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Thanks*

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats ok :slight_smile:

Unfortunately Sony are very very vague on whats included in FW updates.  They list a couple of things, but in reality its far more.  Unfortunately this wont change.

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Hi, OK thanks.

May I ask another question? I believe 4K Blu Ray will include 10bit colour. Does my TV support this?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Off the top of my bookmarks, i cant find official link to documentation, but its a 8 bit panel.  Turn on goigle translate for this link.

http://forum.setcombg.com/sony-телевизори/54868-sony-телевизори-2015-a-50-print.html

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Very useful thanks.:smileyhappy:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome :slight_smile: