Join now - be part of our community!

Extending internal storage on a KD-49X8308C running Marshmallow 6.0.1

profile.country.GB.title
gfyllos
New

Extending internal storage on a KD-49X8308C running Marshmallow 6.0.1

Dears,

I'l be in dept to all of you out there if you can help me solve the following problem

My TV set a KD-49X8308C running Marshmallow 6.0.1 has 8Gb internal storage.   Using the ES file maneger, which has an ftp server built-in I can ftp, from my PC, movies on the /storage/sdcard/.., and play them back at any time, without having to go back&forth with a mem stick, or relyingon network links.

This is the greatest functionality of the AdroidTV, for me.

Since 8Gb is rather small for my needs, today I added a 32GB usb 3.0 stick to my tv and formatted as internal storage, hoping to increase the size of what my ftp server sees, of create another link.

After formatting the stick, the result isthe following

1) /storage/sdcard  disappered,

2) the new card is mounted under /mnt/....  but no write access

So,  is it possble to achive the above without rooting the set?  Is it possible to  mount a USB stick in r/w mode? That will do fine for me, as I can point the ftp server to any path.

If not possible, can I rever back to inital settings, or I have to reinstall adroid ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
gfyllos
New

Well,  ... still fighting the same battle as  in the late 80’s when  win4 and os/2 warp came out.

You  would think the world is now better than it was then, but its actually worse.

Back in the 80’s the fight was  9-5  mainly.

Now its 24/7 and we get to carry the battle filed in our pockets!!!!