Join now - be part of our community!

Couple of questions would like answering

Therealnillian
Explorer

Couple of questions would like answering

Hi all just purchased a Sony 43" 4k smart TV. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help?

When I press the action menu button you can choose to see tweets for a programme you are watching. Has anyone managed to get this to work?

Is there any wireless headphones that would work with the TV?

Is Sony going to allow any more apps in the store as its quite limited at the minute?

Thanks for the help

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please reply back with the exact model of your tv?

Cheers

Therealnillian
Explorer

I have the KD43X8305CBU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to tweets via the action menu (or otherwise), i dont have this feature on my W805C TV, so i dont really know.  Is there a way you can login to your twitter account via it or through the settings somewhere?  If you cant, ill see if i cant find out for you.

In regards to headphones, see the following thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-kdl50w829bbu-bt-headphones/td-p/2076856

Sony dont have control for the amount of apps, as this is part of Googles TV Play Store.  But there are also more in the Opera TV Store as well.  Some apps you can even install manually via downloading the apk file and using TV Sideloader for them to run.  In time im sure there will be more - as Android has many in its developer community.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Therealnillian
Explorer

No option to sign into twitter that I can see, thanks for the other info though. I have sideloaded a few apps, although they don't show up properly on my dash I have to go to settings and then apps to load them. I have just found a sideloaded launcher on the store that will make it a bit easier.