Join now - be part of our community!

Can't stream side-loaded British TV apps while recording Freeview on USB HDD - KD-49XG9005

profile.country.GB.title
DBworcs

Can't stream side-loaded British TV apps while recording Freeview on USB HDD - KD-49XG9005

Hi all

I've disabled YouView on my KD-49XG9005 tv to be able to record from Freeview on a USB HDD. That works fine but I can't stream British TV apps while its recording - does anyone else have that problem? (Netflix, Amazon and YouTube work fine though.)

I've side-loaded all the apps to avoid the YouView issues with the native All4 and ITVhub apps but they all say 'Feature not available during recording" (except Netflix etc).

Anybody got a solution or workaround?

Thanks for your help...

Dom

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

I must admit to not quite understanding everything in your thread (I’m not sure what side loaded apps are) but can agree with you that we can’t use apps on one tuner on our Sony Bravia whilst recording on the other. Recording has proved to be so unpredictable that we have given up on it. Too many glitches in this TV. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi @ MaryKin , you have twin tuners on this TV, so ou should be able to watch digital channels normally while recording, which apps are you not able to watch? Is it itv, iplayer, etc? if yes, t his is because YouView is disabled.