Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Sync/CEC broken on 2015 (Android) Bravias?

keirlawson
Explorer

Bravia Sync/CEC broken on 2015 (Android) Bravias?

I've tried to get bravia sync working with both my PS3 slim and a Chromecast to no avail.  I have treid different HDMI cables and ports with each and have double checked setting to ensure everything is enabled.  My TV is a KDL43W805c on Android 5.1.1. Has anyone been able to get CEC/Bravia Sync working with a Sony Android TV? Anyone else have this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@keirlawson wrote:

I've tried to get bravia sync working with both my PS3 slim and a Chromecast to no avail.  I have treid different HDMI cables and ports with each and have double checked setting to ensure everything is enabled.  My TV is a KDL43W805c on Android 5.1.1. Has anyone been able to get CEC/Bravia Sync working with a Sony Android TV? Anyone else have this problem?

I have CEC working like a champ between my Sony Android TV and my Yamaha YSP-2500 soundbar.

You should soft reset the TV by pressing the On/Standby button on the remote for over five seconds, till it reboots.

You should turn all three devices off at the mains, pull the plugs, remake the HDMI connections and then power on the three devices one by one, allowing about 30 Seconds between each one, to ensure the HDMI handshaking is fully accomplished.

If still not working, then :-

Re your PS/3, this thread may help.

Chromecasts should do CEC - I don't know what the issue might be here.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
neradle
Explorer

Hi, can't comment on your specific model, but with my KD55X8507C Bravia sync works fine between my PS4, Sony 4k amp and a Youview HDD.

Have you definitely activated on both the TV and device? If all else fails turn off at mains, disconnect all HDMI cables and try from scratch.

keirlawson
Explorer

Ok so rebooting the TV with no HDMIs plugged in, then plugging in the CEC device seems to have fixed it, thanks for your help 🙂

Oddly I've found that when I plug in one of my HDMIs from a non-CEC device (my computer in this case, running an nvidia GTX 460), it stops CEC devices on other HDMIs from working, anyone have any idea why this might be?