Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-65W855C and FW PKG2.647.0052EUA PROBLEM

SOLVED
Matthew.Radford
Explorer

Bravia KDL-65W855C and FW PKG2.647.0052EUA PROBLEM

Hi all, I have a question/problem regarding my new Bravia that I hope you can help me with. I have recently purchased a Sony KDL-65W855C and initialy set it up with the "YouView" FW v2645. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when I also bought a new Router. When I was setting up the Router I entered an American VPN into it to test the function. However, the TV detected that I was "not in" the UK and proceded to download a new Firmware, v2647. This has left me without YouView and the UK Catchup services (All4, 5OD etc.) The first thing I tried was to load the UK FW onto a USB and reload the "original" version back onto the TV. As the "new" FW is v2647 and the UK is v2645 it will not let me "downgrade". I have rang Sony Support who told me I would have to send it off to a Service Centre and pay whatever the price quoted would be. This problem is also mention in the thread https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/m-p/2075502/highlight/true... but has no working solution. So, what can I do to get the UK FW back on the TV? I am thinking that I need to just follow the procedure that the Service Centre would use but need advice on how to procede. Surely Sony should have some measures in place to stop UK models from downloading any other FW apart from the one supported by the country it is in. Any help to resolve this error would be greatly recieved.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only assume:

• The could replace the main board inside the TV
  • They have some type of flash memory reprogrammer that could be used when tv is in service mode.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony are aware of this issue as i reported it to them using examples on this forum as well as the AV Forums.  Problem is that this has occured by you guys using 'unusal practice' with DNS changer services. You say that there is quite a lot of people, but in real terms its not. 

Sony are not ignoring this issue, but merely keeping an eye out.  Unfortunately its not one of thier priorities. 

I wish i could give you the answer you want, but thats as much as i know.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No real solution as yet other than wait for a new fw release that has a higher version number.

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2076776#M38119

Cheers

Matthew.Radford
Explorer

So how would the Service Centre get the UK FW back onto the set?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only assume:

• The could replace the main board inside the TV
  • They have some type of flash memory reprogrammer that could be used when tv is in service mode.

Matthew.Radford
Explorer

Hmm OK, thats sounds about right. I`m reading a very simalar thread over on AVForums and this problem seems to have happened to ALOT of people. Are sony really working on a fix or are they ignoring the issue and waiting for the next roll out of the UK FW?

Thanks for your reply tho, I supose I`ll have to mark it as solved. Not happy thats theres no quick fix mind, especially as Sony should not let this happen in the first place.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony are aware of this issue as i reported it to them using examples on this forum as well as the AV Forums.  Problem is that this has occured by you guys using 'unusal practice' with DNS changer services. You say that there is quite a lot of people, but in real terms its not. 

Sony are not ignoring this issue, but merely keeping an eye out.  Unfortunately its not one of thier priorities. 

I wish i could give you the answer you want, but thats as much as i know.

Cheers